The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This has definitely been a great WC and we aren't even in the KO rounds. IDK if having the WC in the middle of the season has something to do with it. The quality of play seems much sharper than in summer world cups. Maybe because players are still at mid-season match fitness. If this WC is a success, I bet we could see more winter WCs in the future.

Add Cameroon and Ivory Coast to that list as well.

This is actually something I've noticed since 2018 as to why their NT has been underperforming. The German NT is mostly a copy of the Bayern first XI with maybe 2-3 other Bundesliga players. And a common complaint of Bayern of late is that the league is such a stroll for them that the players don't know how to cope when the intensity of a game is turned up like it is in the UCL KO rounds.

Same thing here in this WC. Once an opponent makes them fight, they're not as strong.

Eh, maybe. Ghana and Nigeria and Senegal have much more established roots/players in the top leagues. As much as I want to say the same for the Ivory Coast, they still haven't recovered from the Toure Brothers moving on.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
If you want to know how useless this Ghana country is, the national team is the perfect example.

They have Chris Hughton, a professional coach from the premier league, on the bench as a technical advisor… and have Otto Addo, a fukking scout from Dortmund, as the head coach. fukk this country and everything it claims to stand for