The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
10 penalties in a half

almost 200 yards rushing in a half.

Somehow gave up 3 points with 20 something seconds left on the clock

At least the Cardinals are known for folding.

Defensive line acting like spoil children with blatant offsides every other play.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm about to finish playing Hogwarts Legacy. :unimpressed:

I knew before the season that this team wasn't to be trusted. :hhh:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
We suck at stopping the run. It's why I keep telling everyone we not built for the playoffs like that. All the real contenders in the playoffs can run the ball, and we trash at stopping it.
They should have come out from the jump with Micah playing MLB spying on Dobbs and the DB’s sittinng in zone

But instead its this hyper aggressive pass rush that leaves wide open lanes for runners with no one behind them (because all the LB’s are covering crossing routes).

Dan Quinn is getting styled on and is refusing to admit that we can’t just sack our way to victory

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do think the defense is super bowl caliber, but, right now they’re not at all adjusting to AZ’s gameplan

Right now they’re pressing for splash plays and AZ is just using draw plays and Josh Dobbs’ athleticism to run into the lanes opened up by the aggressive pass rush.

If Dan Quinn was as good as people say he is he would either bring a safety blitz or drop micah into zone coverage and use his speed to clean up the run plays

But I don’t think Dan Quinn is that smart because we’re still rushing straight up the field and leaving the corners on islands
Man why do you’ll keep saying this. I tried to tell y’all after the jets game to slow your role. Elite defenses have multiple elite players. We only have one in Parsons. I tried to tell to wait at least til we play some competitive offense before you jump off the edge.. I said (directly to @BlueHeffner ) when Micah isn’t generating the pass rush, our pass rush is non existent.

No fukking Super Bowl caliber defense is this suspect against the run. It’s been this way for seasons now. Until they change their philosophy on how they build their dline and front seven, it’s goin continue to be that way. We’re routinely and annually one of the smaller front sevens in the league.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
A journeyman QB did more with an offense that he's been with for just 30 days than a 'franchise' QB did with a team he's been with for 8 years. That means that:
Cowboys QB is ass, or
Cowboys head coach is ass, or
Cowboys defense is ass, or
a combination of the three.

Pathetic.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Man why do you’ll keep saying this. I tried to tell y’all after the jets game to slow your role. Elite defenses have multiple elite players. We only have one in Parsons. I tried to tell to wait at least til we play some competitive offense before you jump off the edge.. I said (directly to @BlueHeffner ) when Micah isn’t generating the pass rush, our pass rush is non existent.

No fukking Super Bowl caliber defense is this suspect against the run. It’s been this way for seasons now. Until they change their philosophy on how they build their dline and front seven, it’s goin continue to be that way. We’re routinely and annually one of the smaller front sevens in the league.
nikka u said “u not worried about the offense” and we have 10 points against a team that gave up 31 points in 1 half against Danny fukkin dimes :unimpressed:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
They should have come out from the jump with Micah playing MLB spying on Dobbs and the DB’s sittinng in zone

But instead its this hyper aggressive pass rush that leaves wide open lanes for runners with no one behind them (because all the LB’s are covering crossing routes).

Dan Quinn is getting styled on and is refusing to admit that we can’t just sack our way to victory
Micah don't want to have to play the run.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
A journeyman QB did more with an offense that he's been with for just 30 days than a 'franchise' QB did with a team he's been with for 8 years. That means that:
Cowboys QB is ass, or
Cowboys head coach is ass, or
Cowboys defense is ass, or
a combination of the three.

Pathetic.

Several of our starting O-lineman are out.

Cardinals have nearly 200 if not over 200 yards rushing at half. This game is on the defense.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281

An aggressive pass rush is pretty simple to scheme against. The Chiefs do it all the time and Philly does it all the time, and you don’t really need ELITE players to do it.

You force the edge rushers outside, and then either use RPO’s, draws, or flat out athleticism to run behind where the pass rushers just were.

It’s not really a lack of physicality, or our dline being dominated, (infact, when they get to the spots they’ve actually been effective) its just the simple fact that we’re trying to hammer a screw

Dan Quinn is a front running goofy and refuses to play micah at MLB and is chasing sacks and ints instead of playing regular ass gap-integrity defense