Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hear he's an interesting character but i can't support yet another white man being the champion of Egyptian mythology :hubie:

Now once they replace him with a North African legacy character.. i'm game :troll:
He didn't start out that way (I really don't remember when all the Egyptian mythology stuff got introduced into his backstory); in his first appearance he was just some mercenary that this group called The Committee hired to take out Werewolf by Night.

The Moon Knight costume and name wasn't even his. The Committee gave him the name and the suit.

87b4aGc.jpg

oc4kpyt.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
He didn't start out that way (I really don't remember when all the Egyptian mythology stuff got introduced into his backstory); in his first appearance he was just some mercenary that this group called The Committee hired to take out Werewolf by Night.

The Moon Knight costume and name wasn't even his. The Committee gave him the name and the suit.

87b4aGc.jpg

oc4kpyt.jpg

well damn... dude became something entirely different :laff:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Disney will not imitate Fox, yet complete exclusion of specific stories and characters would be a disappointment. So, how do you strike the proper balance? How do you feed desires while also pushing forth original, inspired, and creative content? Based on insider reports, Marvel has begun to work on the X-Men introduction and has plans to take Magneto in a very different direction.

Magneto could become one of the MCU’s primary saviors

Magneto was a primary antagonist throughout most of the Fox X-Men movies. Though he sometimes made decisions for the good of humankind, he often risked mutant lives, endangered humans, and challenged Professor X to reach the goals he deemed worthy of effort – and worthy of taking the many lives that would come to stand in his way.
When the MCU introduces Magneto, he may come into the soiree as a villain, posing a threat in an Avengers/X-Men mash-up. However, he will reportedly come to lead the fight against Doctor Doom when Secret Wars rolls around.

picStream reported — relying on Mikey Sutton’s intel to Youtube channel Lords of the Longbox — that Marvel is planning to “gradually emphasize the presence of Magneto and Doctor Doom in the MCU,” presumably in tandem (or in close succession).

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Dr Doom and Magneto need to have some great casting.
Yep..they are the key to the next phase. They might turn Scarlet Witch heel but I don't know. But Doom and Magneto have always been the A+ players in Marvel. They need to do something epic for a Doom saga...with Galactus and Surfer now available, should be huge. Magneto was always meant to be a face anyway.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Yep..they are the key to the next phase. They might turn Scarlet Witch heel but I don't know. But Doom and Magneto have always been the A+ players in Marvel. They need to something epic for a Doom saga...with Galactus and Surfer now available, should be huge. Magneto was always meant to be a face anyway.
I think they'll build towards the Hickman Secret Wars series of films shyt they could make it a trilogy with the battle-world stuff.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
That would be epic. fukk it, so SW and have a few Battleworld films, even if some are one-offs (Marvel Elseworlds). :ahh:
They'll either do Secret Wars 1 or Secret Wars 3..

but god damn if their building up to a Secret Wars 3 type movie trilogy:wow:
A trilogy is how you top Infinity War & Endgame tbh. Secret Wars is easily one of the most epic events in the comic plus it uses all the marvel characters the MCU has now (X-men, FF, Doom & Mags Silver Surfer, Avengers, Spider-man & Miles, etc.) You could go insane :ohlawd:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
A trilogy is how you top Infinity War & Endgame tbh. Secret Wars is easily one of the most epic events in the comic plus it uses all the marvel characters the MCU has now (X-men, FF, Doom & Mags Silver Surfer, Avengers, Spider-man & Miles, etc.) You could go insane :ohlawd:
An AoA remix. :ohhh:

Can even do Marvel Zombies. I’m sure the “What If...” animated version can create hype. So many possibilities. :blessed: