Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
damn. i was hoping hed be Superior Spidey forever.

:mjcry:

cant say i didnt see it coming tho!

cItzA6U.jpg

8igtwzr.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
damn. i was hoping hed be Superior Spidey forever.

:mjcry:

cant say i didnt see it coming tho!

cItzA6U.jpg

8igtwzr.jpg
Taking him back to being old chubby Otto Octavius has almost no potential for future stories.

I didn't think he should stay a Spider-Man but I thought him being a hero as The Superior Octopus just because I dug the look and thought him trying to make Octopus a successful crimefighter fit more with the ego of Octavius than him being in the shadow of Parker as a version of Spider-Man.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Taking him back to being old chubby Otto Octavius has almost no potential for future stories.

I didn't think he should stay a Spider-Man but I thought him being a hero as The Superior Octopus just because I dug the look and thought him trying to make Octopus a successful crimefighter fit more with the ego of Octavius than him being in the shadow of Parker as a version of Spider-Man.
yeah.
i thought it was fresh.
cause he was basically this annoying ass super smart version of Spider-Man without the constant fukk-ups of a Ben Reilly.
i enjoyed the run tho!
it was nice!

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So now im on Excaliber like, what the fukk is going on??
:beli:

oh, and low key, that Venom shyt is...

:whew:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know people have been sour on Bendis's DC work but Batman Universe is a must read.

It has a great Batman Brave and the Bold animated series vibe, helped by Nick Derrington's art which has that old-school WB animation feel. It's a fun, action-packed story, and the typical 'Bendis tropes' actually work best here. He has a great voice for Batman, and he gives Bruce a very dry sense of humor (which is my favorite portrayal of Batman), and we get great banter between Batman and characters like Green Lantern and Green Arrow, who are often written as either very adversarial with Bruce or as heroes Bruce doesn't really respect, but here they're more friendly and they play off of each other well.

It is definitely the best Bendis book at DC thus far, and it's probably the best Batman story in at least a good 2-3 years.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Since we might not be getting any new comics for a little bit. Anyone want to make any recommendations we should check out?: Past Series, Past Runs, Currents Runs, whatever.
Another one cuz I'm reading it now is Remender's Uncanny X-Force run. Particularly the beginning to the Dark Angel Saga. Wasn't feeling it as much after the Dark Angel Saga. This run made me a fan of Fantomex. This is also one of the few runs where I like Deadpool (the other being Uncanny Avengers, which I recommended in my first recommendations post)

X23: The Complete Collection Vol 1. X23 is actually my favorite comic book female character so it's obvious that I would recommend this.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Just read x-men + fantastic four 3, yo Doom swagging on everyone.....Going to start reading his solo