Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
For the NYC bros. There's this old white guy who sells older comics by Union Square. Really old shyt too. From the 90s all the way to the 60s and even older with some Donald Duck, Disney and adventure comics.

The Punisher cover art :wow:
rYGUSRu.jpg
I got that Pun POV joint.

Might still have to check this guy out.
+rep my brother

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Why? Oblivion Song is good. I liked Crude and The Dead Hand #1s (havent followed up yet). Kill or Be Killed has been solid too
Oblivion Song didn't impress me. Kill or Be Killed looks okay. I have to wait for Dead Hand and Crude in tpb. Maybe Ill give KOBK another whirl.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
JL 1...

So what's the item that killed Vandel Savage?

I'm guessing a rock made from the meteorite that gave Savage and Immortal Man their powers back in prehistoric times.

:francis: except now it's prolly gonna be revealed to be made of Urgth Metal from Universe O or some shyt.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Rise of the Black Panther is the definitive Black Panther story. Anyone knew to or unfamiliar with the character, that 6 issue mini is everything you need to know about why the character kicks ass.

That's twice now that two relatively young brehs (Coogler and now Evans) who grew up reading the character have now come in and wrote 2 interpretations of T'Challa/Wakanda (movie and comic) that completely blows out the water what the majority of these other writers have been putting out for years/decades.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Cloak and Dagger #1 was cool.

I was about to drop that ho because it started off like they were about to make Cloak this creep stalker simp nygga again, but they landed smoothly by having Dagger acknowledge that breh is her boyfriend but she feels too dependent on him given his OP powers. Also some other plot stuff that makes you think they are swerving certain things.

Hopefully it does well sales-wise [and reads well] so things can continue past the miniseries.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Miles, Kamala, and Nova?

I never hear anybody talk about the Nova kid.

We ain't gon see Blue Marvel again for a long time huh? When the Captain Marvel movie approaches and Monica is forced to be a part of the her comic stories, I wonder whether they'll acknowledge Adam's existence or if something something we broke up.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Immortal Hulk is my favorite from this week. Hope Marvel doesn't mess it up

Spawn is starting to pick up

Man of Steel isn't really hitting with me

Justice League keeping up the momentum from No Justice

Batman, pretty much a Joker issue. Nice cliffhanger