Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
JL 1...

So what's the item that killed Vandel Savage?
Depending on which origin story DC is going with for Savage now it is either a piece of the meteor that gave him immortality or it is the stone Savage used when he was the biblical Cain to beat his brother Abel to death.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't speak for everyone, but when I see posts like that in here, I alreadyknow a spoiler Is coming up.

Scroll slow.
The problem with that is that you are expecting someone to be scrolling slow before your post even appear. And it's not like there is a lot of space to where you couldn't see the bottom portion of your post definitely on desktop.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Miles, Kamala, and Nova?

I never hear anybody talk about the Nova kid.

We ain't gon see Blue Marvel again for a long time huh? When the Captain Marvel movie approaches and Monica is forced to be a part of the her comic stories, I wonder whether they'll acknowledge Adam's existence or if something something we broke up.

Yeah, i don't see what marvel is doing. I mean I understand the need for new blood but making them the new trinity of the marvel universe just seems a rather bad business tactic. Does Ms. Marvel even have a rogues gallery yet, because the last i checked she didn't. Same thing with Miles are they going to build him a rogues gallery or is he going to continue using peter's. Yeah, no one cares about that Nova kid.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been fukking heavily with Comixology Unlimited. Gives me a chance to read some books I probably never checked out or couldn't afford to pull.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is straight piff :wow:. Modernizes the show perfectly and has way more freedom to do things the show never could. Also copped Justice League/Power Rangers, which was a lot of fun.

Mech Cadet Yu was pretty cool. If you like Shonen anime, it's basically a Shonen anime or manga, but as an American comic book. If you don't, you'll probably find the story very tired. It falls into a lot of shonen tropes.

Spider-Man: School's Out is like a weird cross between Spider-Man: Homecoming and the Spider-Man animated series on Disney XD. If you've watched either of those, this does nothing new.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Age of Ultron - 2/5

Annihilation - 3.5/5

Infinity - 4/5

I wasted time reading through AoU. I thought there would be an actual showdown with Ultron, not them skirting around timelines and fixing everything. The alternate reality with :flabbynsick: Tony Stark was wack, didn't make much sense to me. Felt cheated after reading through this bullshyt :pachaha:

Annihilation started off pretty cool, Annihilus wrecking shop and destroying Xandar was actually :damn: :wow: ending was kind of weak though. Annihilus felt really one-dimensional for how many panels they tossed his way. I was more interested in Thanos fukkery.

Infinity was piff, honestly. I didn't care much for the Builders storyline, they weren't wrecking shop like the Annihilation Wave and they kind of just annexed shyt and said fukk humanity, but didn't pop off on them. Thor styled something serious on ole dude :mjlol: three that hammer around the sun and fukked him up real bad. Then Black Bolt setting off the bomb and trying to battle Thanos. Man really ranked a full scream and asked if he could have another :demonic:

Black Order looked especially deadly. Glaive was a fukking problem.

Did you read the character miniseries before reading annihilation? If not you need to go back and read those, because Annihilation brings all those stories together and gives you a better feel for Annihilus and what he was trying to do.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Ms. Marvel is so fire, brehs. :wow:

About to start volume 8: mecca.

What are the best ongoing series right now other than Ms. Marvel?

I am not a ms. marvel fan like that i find her preachy and rather boring, with no real rogues gallery to speak of but shade the changing girl and mister miracle have been great and i say that being a marvel stan.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been fukking heavily with Comixology Unlimited. Gives me a chance to read some books I probably never checked out or couldn't afford to pull.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is straight piff :wow:. Modernizes the show perfectly and has way more freedom to do things the show never could. Also copped Justice League/Power Rangers, which was a lot of fun.

Mech Cadet Yu was pretty cool. If you like Shonen anime, it's basically a Shonen anime or manga, but as an American comic book. If you don't, you'll probably find the story very tired. It falls into a lot of shonen tropes.

Spider-Man: School's Out is like a weird cross between Spider-Man: Homecoming and the Spider-Man animated series on Disney XD. If you've watched either of those, this does nothing new.
Yeah CU is low key piff. Discounts on Marvel titles and able to check out titles that you would normally skip over.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah, i don't see what marvel is doing. I mean I understand the need for new blood but making them the new trinity of the marvel universe just seems a rather bad business tactic. Does Ms. Marvel even have a rogues gallery yet, because the last i checked she didn't. Same thing with Miles are they going to build him a rogues gallery or is he going to continue using peter's. Yeah, no one cares about that Nova kid.

Whatever they were trying to do, they dropped the ball during ANAD era.
  • ANAD Avengers wasn't awful but it was awfully pointless.
  • Miles' 616 romp was nothing but pump fakes: Blackheart beef; Kamala relationship, Gwen relationship; Introspection on race relations/racial identify... all pump fakes left on the cutting room floor.
  • Kamala i stopped reading around the time the white friend/simp made copies of her using a 3D printer, or something. I think she does need a rogue gallery bad, unless its happened since last i read.
  • Nova... he's hispanic right? Half-hispanic? Are there no other young hispanic male superheroes? B/c i feel literally no one cares about his existence.
  • And now the Champions book... idk..

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The Dora Milaje Take the Lead, Team with Marvel Icons in Wakanda Forever

It looks like the primary antagonist of your story is former Dora Milaje, Nakia, aka Malice. She too is a character who has quite a bit of comic history attached to her. So what’s your sense of Nakia? What made you want to use her as a foe in this story?

Yes, let me say up front that this Nakia is the Nakia of the comics, not the film. And it must be understood that the Nakia of the comics is very different from the one in the film.
She has a whole history, one where she’s… been through a lot. When this story opens up, the Nakia we meet is broken from all that she’s endured and done in the past. She was a Dora Milaje who went wrong and Okoye, Ayo and Aneka have to face this one who used to be one of their own. To be honest, Marvel especially wanted me to deal with Nakia/Malice. Once I took a really close look at her, I knew I wanted to dig into her all the way down to what makes her tick. I love writing complex, flawed characters and Nakia/Malice was a hot mess.

Finally, Wakanda Forever teams the three Dora Milaje with Marvel characters who are all very different from each other. What does that mean for your narrative in terms of tone and genres?

I’m not a methodical cook who uses character, genre, tone and plot like ingredients and spices to make a meal, I’m an irresponsible mad scientist gardener who plants things intuitively and isn’t afraid of things growing out of control. That’s how I wrote this storyline. I knew that the first would involve Spider-Man, the second X-Men, the third the Avengers and that Nakia/Malice would be involved. I also knew that the Dora Milaje would be in New York; African women who carry futuristic spears in a foreign country. I let the story grow wild, come what may. The result was many vibrant things from the macro to the micro.

I’d like to conclude by underscoring and reiterating for readers that the Nakia in this storyline is not the same as the Nakia in the film. The Nakia in the comics was trained as a Dora Milaje from a very young impressionable age and became obsessed with T’Challa. She eventually left the Dora Milaje, was tortured, then saved and trained by Kilmonger who renamed her Malice, she used the jufeiro herb to manipulate the minds of men… so much. This is addressed in Wakanda Forever, but it’s also good knowing this before jumping in.

The writer doing damage control before the book even comes out :mjlol:

Neither Nakia nor Okoye are anything like their movie counterparts but they transformed Okoye to match the movies but hired a black female to write a story shytting on Nakia to prop up Storm :russ:....

MCU ish got em feeling a type of way:scust:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
  • Miles' 616 romp was nothing but pump fakes: Blackheart beef; Kamala relationship, Gwen relationship; Introspection on race relations/racial identify... all pump fakes left on the cutting room floor.
  • Kamala i stopped reading around the time the white friend/simp made copies of her using a 3D printer, or something. I think she does need a rogue gallery bad, unless its happened since last i read.
  • Nova... he's hispanic right? Half-hispanic? Are there no other young hispanic male superheroes? B/c i feel literally no one cares about his existence.
I think his dad is white and his mom is latina.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

I have honestly always held that miles does not work in the 616 or any universe that peter Parker lives in because the name spider man is completely trenched with peter Parker. Miles needs his own universe or his own mantle, you can’t have two spider-man it dilutes the brand

parallax

Superstar
Daps

nova had potential when he was rolling with doc green. then they dropped that. now hes another whos who on the champions

most of miles existence before 616 was pump fakes too. everytime theres a defining point to make with miles, they work it out with no consequence to him.

the only other young latino heroes are robbie reyes and the new chapulin colorado, but i think they have big league plans for robbie

I have honestly always held that miles does not work in the 616 or any universe that peter Parker lives in because the name spider man is completely trenched with peter Parker. Miles needs his own universe or his own mantle, you can’t have two spider-man it dilutes the brand

theres tons of spider man running around. what miles needs is a name change