The Official Coli TV Thread (OLED, LED, 4K, HDR, ETC.)

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
We got enough TV threads around here so its time to get this shyt consolidated into one. I was a Supervisor/Manager at Best Buy for 5 years and have pretty good knowledge about all the diff technologies, so I can offer as much help as I can in here.

I'll update the OP with some general info about the main technologies later....

TheGregReaper

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Right now I'm using a 2016 Sony XBR-55X930D as my main TV in the living room. It's perfect to me, has all the bells and whistles you could ask for but I'm looking at this new TCL 617 to put in my bedroom and maybe throw another PS4 Pro on there. Apparently the TV just came out a couple weeks ago. Has anybody on here got one yet? :patrice:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
right now i'm rocking the LG OLED 55 Inch C7. has pretty much all the bells and whistles.

best way to get actual 4k content is to use Vudu since its built in to the OS.

TheGregReaper

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
right now i'm rocking the LG OLED 55 Inch C7. has pretty much all the bells and whistles.

best way to get actual 4k content is to use Vudu since its built in to the OS.

I thought about getting a B6/C6 when I made the jump but my living room is way too bright during the day for an OLED:mjcry:

sdizzle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NYC
Ju
Right now I'm using a 2016 Sony XBR-55X930D as my main TV in the living room. It's perfect to me, has all the bells and whistles you could ask for but I'm looking at this new TCL 617 to put in my bedroom and maybe throw another PS4 Pro on there. Apparently the TV just came out a couple weeks ago. Has anybody on here got one yet? :patrice:
Just copped the TCL 615 from Best Buy should get here on Thursday, it got good reviews so we shall c :ehh:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
As of now using a midrange LG 60 inch

The 4K and upscaling content is fantastic, its HDR where the TV falls flat and gets put in the midtier range....colors not as crisp and bright as they need to be.

Then again, only gonna get so much for a 900 dollar TV

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I thought about getting a B6/C6 when I made the jump but my living room is way too bright during the day for an OLED:mjcry:

its one of those things you can't even explain, shyt is obviously not as big as the leap from sdtv to hdtv, but going from LED to OLED blew my mind.

TheGregReaper

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
its one of those things you can't even explain, shyt is obviously not as big as the leap from sdtv to hdtv, but going from LED to OLED blew my mind.

When I move again (which hopefully ain’t soon) it’ll be the first thing I get. For now I’m fully satisfied with the Sony....

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Do it live up to the hype

Yeah, me and my wife both agree that our OLED is the first tv we've owned that doesn't have any shortcomings. It's well worth the higher price of admission. It may not be a good thing but we really didn't watch much television before getting this one and our prior set was a very nice panasonic plasma model.