Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
At 3:36 in the Malignant movie- Noticing a lot of Wan’s and Blum’s horror movies have this symbol; @storyteller Do you know the story behind this?
2b72badff1f57f55b9271804be7f471e.jpg

Not sure on that one. It does seem familiar now that you bring it up though.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The police are useless in every horror movie. Their lives do not matter especially in MALIGNANT . Clueless, helpless and expendable.
:laff::dead::dead:
The writers and Wan collaborating and multiplied the trope by 1000. Body bagged Seattle PD - Jeepers Creepered type of time.
:umad::mjlol:

The one girl's like "why am I calling the police?" straight up. :deadrose:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Director of 'Creep' behind the camera on new Netflix slasher horror movie

There's Someone Inside Your House is an upcoming American slasher film directed by Patrick Brice, from a screenplay by Henry Gayden, and based upon Stephanie Perkins' 2017 novel of the same name that follows the story of Makani Young, a senior transfer student from Hawaii who later finds herself in the center of gruesome murder cases in her newly acquainted town of Osborne, Nebraska.

The Netflix synopsis: “A high school senior (Sydney Park) and the rest of her new school’s graduating class are being targeted by a masked killer intent on exposing their darkest secrets to the world.”

The cast includes Sydney Park, Théodore Pellerin, Asjha Cooper, Dale Whibley, Jesse LaTourette, Diego Josef, Burkely Duffield, Sarah Dugdale, William MacDonald, Andrew Dunbar and Markian Tarasuik.

James Wan's Atomic Monster and Shawn Levy's 21 Laps (Stranger Things) are jointly producing.

The film is scheduled to be released on October 6, 2021 by Netflix.

ePknJpI.jpg

The trailer is out for There's Someone Inside Your House.

Looks like it might be pretty good.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Lmaoffff they have the lawyer known as Jerry “Hands” Aspergers Espensen from Boston Legal as one of the doctors in Malignant.
:ohhh::deadrose:

Christian Clemenson is one of those actors that work constantly.
In a given week of watching TV and movies you are liable to see dude pop up on like 5-6 shows/movies.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I enjoyed Malignant.

I see it is getting mixed reviews and it seems like a lot of people went into it expecting something specific because it was from James Wan but didn't realize that Wan wasn't trying to make another The Conjuring or Insidious but was more going back to his Dead Silence B-movie horror roots with a dash of Giallo homage tossed in.
And most people tend to be elitist with their reviews instead of enjoying a B-movie for being an entertaining B-movie.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I enjoyed Malignant.

I see it is getting mixed reviews and it seems like a lot of people went into it expecting something specific because it was from James Wan but didn't realize that Wan wasn't trying to make another The Conjuring or Insidious but was more going back to his Dead Silence B-movie horror roots with a dash of Giallo homage tossed in.
And most people tend to be elitist with their reviews instead of enjoying a B-movie for being an entertaining B-movie.
This.
I thought it was a fun movie and went into it with no expectation other than it being a more light hearted James Wan movie that he made for fans bc we know which direction that he went in with this. That’s it. Friday/Saturday movie watch escapism. It was above my expectations, it kept me interested throughout the 2 hours, it had enough horror elements to be engaging. Definitely will watch again later down the line.

Idk what this trend is where people who want to rate or rank horror movies like it’s a “golden globe or motion picture awards” moment or event, but it really is annoying lately. Everybody becomes a a critic with horror movies (but it’s mainly the non regular genre watchers so idgaf what they think anyway).

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I enjoyed Malignant.

The comments online complaining how violent and graphic with the gore factor this movie is had me falling out - people are highly irate.
:mjlol::laff:
reading the complaints like they expected this to be Masterpiece Theater. Smfh. As if the twitter rage-ists are trying to “cancel” James Wan.
:mjtf::deadrose:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I enjoyed Malignant.

James Wan said it himself

It was an unexpected break from the usual

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Triangle:lupe:

...haunted looping mind-FUKKERY:ohhh:

Yacht survivors board an unknowingly Ghost ship and get suspended in time:whoo:
Those lost at sea or “peril on the high seas”, depths of the ocean movies, open water movies are so depressing and grim. Another one of my favorite sub genres- they always end bad in some way. That Feeling of being helpless, surrounded by water - Literal nothingness. Dread and despair mixed with desperation. With the damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenarios. Sitting there and waiting even worse when you’re fighting with other people or there’s a conflict on board.

If you like, Triangle- you might also like The Reef.