The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I could drink the hot sauce from there and live on the scallops and jumbo shimp forever! :noah: Thankfully I found a place called Captin B's, out here in Maywood that has the same sauce and food... I think it might be the same owners. :win:

i may have to try that place out.

hopefully it is like the real goOSe!!!

i will be optimiatic, but real talk!!

nuffin, can fukk with the goose!!

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Good lookin out. They are still open, but it's way too far a commute for lunch. I will probably check them out sometime this week though.

Which part don't you believe?

carson's delivers,...i believe.

also,...there is a bbq place on ogden in between chicago and grand.

i am not sure if they are still open.

as bbq isn't my thing,..but i know it is a good place for bbq.

it is up the street from the twisted spoke.

on another note,...

nobody has a better chicken sandwich than twisted spoke.

go there for a chicken sandwich,...fukk anywhere else.

art barr

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4 men charged with jumping out of limo, attacking group in Lakeview - chicagotribune.com

Four men are accused of bailing out of a white stretch limousine and punching three people, breaking one man's jaw, in the Lakeview neighborhood as someone with the attackers recorded the beating, authorities said this morning.

A Chicago police officer was slightly injured while arresting the men, officials said.

The beating happened about 1:10 a.m. Sunday at Clark Street and Cornelia Avenue, just south of Wrigley Field, police said. Several people jumped out of a stretch limousine and started punching another group of people, according to Chicago News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien.

Officers were flagged down by witnesses, who pointed out some of the attackers, including one man not wearing a shirt, police said. One officer hurt his knee when one of the attackers swung at the officer and wrestled with him, O'Brien said.

A 27-year-old man was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center with head injuries, including a broken jaw, police said. Two other men, 22 and 27, also were injured but were not taken to a hospital.

The man with the broken jaw told police that three people came up to him and began punching him in the face, sending him to the ground, police said. The 22-year-old also was punched in the head by three men, he told police. The other 27-year-old was punched in the head and chest, police said.

Arrested in the attack are Corry Simmons, 32, of the 1800 block of South Ridgeway Avenue; Donald Robinson Jr., 31, also of the 1800 block of South Ridgeway; Alvin L. Goffin, 32, of the 3600 block of South Rhodes Avenue; Edward E. Robinson, 31, of the 1800 block of South Springfield Avenue. Each were charged with felony mob action, police said.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Hilarious. The madness is all over the city now.

I just can't stand the fact that I often look like one of the perps in these stories.

It has me shook to come outside wearing anything other than a suit.

I feel u in a way (pause), but still.......:snoop:

We on nocturnal rodent/mammal status w/ that one. :skip:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hilarious. The madness is all over the city now.

I just can't stand the fact that I often look like one of the perps in these stories.

It has me shook to come outside wearing anything other than a suit.

Four charged with Wrigleyville beatings were shooting a rap video: relatives - Chicago Sun-Times

they were shooting a rap video
Four men who got out of a white stretch limo in Wrigleyville and began beating people were filming a rap video and had been taunted by passersby, including with racial slurs, their relatives said Monday.

Prosecutors, however, contend the four men began beating people “for no apparent reason.” One of the victims had his jaw broken in the melee, police said.

Relatives of the men claim the video being shot by the men will prove the case that they were being taunted. One relative claimed someone grabbed one of the men before the beatings. The men had borrowed the white limo from a friend to film the video — and had chosen Wrigleyville for a “celebratory shot.”

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Best shrimp in the city is goose island on division

small order of Jumbo shrimp 4.25

I be full than a mf off that

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lawyer for Dwyane Wade

He’s the 12th lawyer to represent Dwyane Wade’s ex-wife, and on Monday Michael Haber asked a judge to clear the way for No. 13.

Citing irreconcilable differences, Haber filed a motion asking to leave Siohvaughn Funches-Wade’s case, delaying a scheduled child custody hearing.

“Our relationship has broken down to the point that I can no longer represent Ms. Wade. Our interests are adverse to one another,” said Haber, who is representing Funches-Wade both in criminal court and the child custody case.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cops: 2 men rob convenience store with a machete - Chicago Sun-Times

Two men robbed a Bronzeville neighborhood convenience store with a machete early Tuesday, police said.

The men -- one of them armed with a machete -- walked into a 7-Eleven store in the 3200 block of South State Street about 2:35 a.m. and announced a robbery, police said.

They forced the clerk to open the cash drawer and in the process slashed him in the leg, according to police. They got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.

The clerk, 47, was taken to an area hospital in good condition, according to police.

Additional details were not immediately available, but unconfirmed dispatch reports indicate a weapon was recovered nearby.

One dead, 10 wounded in shootings on South and Near West sides - Chicago Sun-Times

One man was killed and 10 others were wounded by gunfire in separate incidents since Monday afternoon.

Anthony Collazo, 21, died after he was shot about 2:55 a.m. in the 600 block of North Ashland Avenue, police said.

Collazo, of the 1700 block of West Erie Street, was pronounced dead at 3:14 a.m. at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

The shooting started about 3 p.m. when a 17-year-old boy was shot in the right leg in the 2400 block of East 75th Street, police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala said. The teen said he heard shots and felt pain but was otherwise uncooperative with police.

Paramedics took him to South Shore Hospital in good condition, Fire Media Affairs Director Larry Langford said.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Durbin: Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. should give medical update

Sen. dikk Durbin on Monday said the time will soon come when U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. must offer the public details about what’s ailing him and why he’s been on leave for weeks.

“As a public official, there comes a point when you have a responsibility to tell the public what’s going on,” Durbin said at an event in the city. “If there is some medical necessity for him not to say more at this moment then I will defer to that. But he will have to soon make a report on what he’s struggling with.”

Last week, Jackson’s office, in a brief statement, said the congressman had checked himself into an inpatient medical facility for treatment of long-term “physical and emotional ailments.”

The release wasn’t much longer than a statement June 25, announcing Jackson had put himself on a medical leave of absence since June 10 for “exhaustion.”

Durbin noted Monday that Sen. Mark Kirk, an Illinois Republican who suffered a stroke earlier this year, provided regular updates about his condition that included interviews with his doctors and a video showing his physical rehabilitation progress. Durbin said the video “answered hundreds of questions” for voters.