The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to work & the guy who threw the pool party showed me the pics that were taken of me sitting with my legs in the water & I was SO drunk!! It showed on my face and body language. I want dying laughing when he showed me the pics.
Pics :mjpls: for research purposes of course:whoa:
anniversary tomorrow. bought the wife a new sundress (she's a size 4), some wine, and I have reservations to "the chicago cut" which is one of the best restaurants in the city. I can't wait to eat there. I know it's gonna be off the chain!!!
how much they run ya pockets. Since it was y'all anniversary and not HER birthday yall split the bill right:usure:............right:comeon:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Pics :mjpls: for research purposes of course:whoa:
how much they run ya pockets. Since it was y'all anniversary and not HER birthday yall split the bill right:usure:............right:comeon:

it was well over $200 :manny:

but yo, I ain't give a fukk anyways. food was that good :lawd:

I paid the bill. but it's not like she won't buy me anything I wanted in the first place anyways. she just took me out to dinner this past sunday to a japanese hibachi joint and then took me to see ant-man.

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
11824984_10101507072566511_2176957813096583410_n.jpg

What white man or white man expense account :russ: paid for your meal? :ohlawd:
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: homie from state st :dead:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Seeing as I don't have kids I felt no motivation to go. Went before and it usually is some :noah: females out there.

Gotta be careful tho cuz some of them 16yr old bodies be:whoo:

:whoa::sitdown:
:ufdup:
You better be checking these ID's breh.

This Junk food nowadays be having these lil kids looking grown too young and will get you caught up.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man look at this chinese fukkery!!!

always making knock offs!

:snoop:

China Totally Ripped Off Chicago’s Bean Sculpture (PHOTO)

DOWNTOWN, SOUTH LOOP & RIVER NORTH
Business & Economy

China Totally Ripped Off Chicago’s Bean Sculpture (PHOTO)

By Alex Nitkin | August 12, 2015 9:18am
@alexnitkin
TwitterFacebookEmailMore

KARAMAY, CHINA — Chinese state media announced a new sculpture Tuesday that Chicagoans may find suspiciously familiar.

The People's Daily, the official publication of the Chinese Communist Party, tweeted a photo proclaiming the completion a "sculpture in shape of oil bubble" to mark the site of the first oil well in Karamay, an oil-producing city in China's Xinjiang province.

The structure appears to be the exact size, shape and composition of Millenium Park's Cloud Gate, more commonly known as "The Bean."

Alex Nitkin · DNAinfo Reporter
Should we be flattered, or furious?
VOICE YOUR OPINION ON NHSQ!

Chicago's Bean was unveiled in 2006. The city describes it as a "110-ton elliptical sculpture...forged of a seamless series of highly polished stainless steel plates."

Designed by artist Anish Kapoor to "reflect Chicago's famous skyline and the clouds above," it measures 66 feet long by 33 feet high and has a 12-foot-high arch, a common site for tourist selfies.

extralarge.jpg

The City of Chicago says its Bean was built to replicate liquid mercury, and let's be real — an "oil bubble" would look nothing like it.

Could this be a coincidence? Could China be adding Chicago to its list of copy/pasted cities, which currently include replicas of Paris and Florence? Do we have a "Cloud Gate-Gate" on our hands?

H/T TimeOut Chicago