Daps
Reppin
Behind You

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If Peele goes with the short story then The Candy Man will be a pale white guy with blond hair wearing a multi-colored patchwork suit.:plasticsatan:

hYMtwM4.png

I'm a huge fan of early Barker but the movie origin of the character is 100x better than the short story version. Then again I doubt they could've made the short story into a two hour movie without adding something.

Fred.

Sly Cooper

dem bilaa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ET/ER
we're going back to Cabrini Green??

giphy.gif

lol the original is still a classic, still terrifying and still relevant; since it's bound to get rebooted, Jordan is perfect for this :laugh: he has the 'social commentary-horror' formula down pat

no comedy in this one though :ufdup:

edit: freaking 2020 :dry:

Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I was going to make a post about a Candyman remake. All these half ass slasher remakes and Candyman hasn't had one. :mjpls: shyt, Halloween and Friday The 13th gets remade every couple years.

shyt was the scariest movie I ever saw. I was shook for a long time after watching Candyman.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
that first Candyman movie had me all the way fukked up lookin like as a youngin :lupe:

A friend dared me 20 dollars to say it in the mirror and I did twice and then was like "nope":hubie:

Candyman had ya girl scared to pee at parks... I would run as fast as possible and held my pee til I got home.

we're going back to Cabrini Green??

giphy.gif

lol the original is still a classic, still terrifying and still relevant; since it's bound to get rebooted, Jordan is perfect for this :laugh: he has the 'social commentary-horror' formula down pat

no comedy in this one though :ufdup:

Ain’t no more Cabrini tho. So... where would they do it? I mean it’s plenty of other places but that’s thing about it being authentic to Chicagoian’s and horror movie stand. It MUST live up to our expectations.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
hYMtwM4.png

I'm a huge fan of early Barker but the movie origin of the character is 100x better than the short story version. Then again I doubt they could've made the short story into a two hour movie without adding something.

Fred.
That short story definitely needed some padding in order to become a full length movie.
Plus a lot of what made Candy man such a good movie was Tony Todd's performance.
I can't imagine what the movie would have been like if they stuck to the short story's description of Candy Man and hired some white guy to play the role.
Even though I could imagine someone like Crispin Glover bringing a creepy type of energy to the role if they were going to go with a white dude.