Official Candyman Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I really do want someone to explain in more detail what exactly they mean by it being a "spiritual sequel".

It basically means it's a reboot but still covers some of the same material and themes from the first movie.

For example, the first movie took place in the Cabrini-Green projects in Chicago. Since those no longer exist, the reboot takes place in the gentrified neighborhoods where those projects used to be.

Anyway, that answers my original question, will this follow the short story or the movie.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really do want someone to explain in more detail what exactly they mean by it being a "spiritual sequel".

Means they’re taking the concepts and putting it in a modern day context rather than remaking the original movie. Keeping the same spirit and tone of the original while trying to say something completely different.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
But on the real are they doing another take of the original short story or the remaking the first movie. The original short story called "the forbidden" is based in london and candyman was a pale white guy with blond hair who wore a rainbow jacket. And was not based on slavery..Candyman was more of a jack the ripper type of character.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But on the real are they doing another take of the original short story or the remaking the first movie. The original short story called "the forbidden" is based in london and candyman was a pale white guy with blond hair who wore a rainbow jacket. And was not based on slavery..Candyman was more of a jack the ripper type of character.

Remaking the first movie. They already said it takes place in Chicago again. But obviously Chicago in 2018 is way different than the early 90's.

Fred.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Remaking the first movie. They already said it takes place in Chicago again. But obviously Chicago in 2018 is way different than the early 90's.

Fred.

Yea I just read it’s gonna be a direct sequel from the first one. So farewell to the flesh will be retcon.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Only Horror Movie that legit had me spooked after watching it. :sadcam:

The breh that played him did TOO good of a job of being scary. He wasn’t manic like Freddy or Silent but Violent like Michael or Jason. I don’t know WHAT it is, but he had me shook

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It basically means it's a reboot but still covers some of the same material and themes from the first movie.

For example, the first movie took place in the Cabrini-Green projects in Chicago. Since those no longer exist, the reboot takes place in the gentrified neighborhoods where those projects used to be.

Anyway, that answers my original question, will this follow the short story or the movie.

Fred.

Oh shyt i didnt know that about Cabrini Green. Thats dope and modernizes the horror of candyman. Now Not only is he the ghost of a tortured slave that loves white woman but done moved out of the hood and into these safe gentrified white blocks. I hope he fukks up a whole foods

:mjlol: