Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish Floyd would stop recording his gym workouts, so we can stop hearing these reports about him coming back.

It's always clickbait articles done by the same people that couldn't wait for Floyd to retire because he was "bad for boxing" :francis:
so much haters saying he was boring and bad for boxing etc but any sign of his return and these same dudes getting orgasms and shyt

RoidJonesJr

Superstar
Daps
Can someone explain to me why Fres Oquendo never goes away? Is the WBA indebted to him or what?

Also, I wish I knew Russian/Ukrainian, Loma probably roasting Floyd :lolbron:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain to me why Fres Oquendo never goes away? Is the WBA indebted to him or what?

Also, I wish I knew Russian/Ukrainian, Loma probably roasting Floyd :lolbron:

lomo still got salido problems
he can't be speaking on the goat:mjpls:

floyd do be trying too hard sometimes tho:snoop::dame:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:youngsabo:

Rumor it's goin be on the Spence PED undercard

Charlo needs to move to HBO quick, he’s on the wrong side of the wall in this division. Only fight which makes more sense to him on Showtime is Derevyanchenko and he is not in Crawford’s or Jack’s situation where he has a promoter which would make things more difficult. He is in the situation Jacobs was, Haymon fighter w/o a promoter on the wrong side of the playfield. He is also not the star of the division so nobody important will come to him, he has to go to them

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Promoter: We Want Menayothin To Match Mayweather's 50-0!

This past weekend, WBC minimumweight champion Wanheng Menayothin took a big step towards matching, or even surpassing, Floyd Mayweather's unbeaten record of 50 straight victories.

The Thai world champion seemed to be in his element in a makeshift ring in Nakhon Ratchasima on Saturday when he recorded a unanimous decision victory over Japanese challenger Tatsuya Fukuhara.

The three ringside judges scored 116-112, 117-113 and 118-110 in favour of the 32-year-old Wanheng.

wanheng-wbc.jpg

The upshot improved the unbeaten Thai pugilist's record to 49th straight victories with 17 knockouts. It was Wanheng's eighth successive defence of his title.

It was expected to be a tough fight for the Thai, who is better known to his local fans as Wanheng Kaiyanghadaogym, and the Japanese challenger did look ominous in the first few rounds.

Fukuhara, having his second crack at a world title after losing to compatriot Ryuya Yamanaka in his first defence of the WBO minimumweight belt in August, was successful in forcing Wanheng on the back foot in the opening four rounds.

Wanheng turned more aggressive but did not let his guard down. He relied mainly on firing punches and kept the judges busy. By the start of the ninth round, Wanheng's dominance in the points race was clear.

Promoter Piyarat Wachirarattanawong commented after the fight that he was relieved to see Wanheng win in an impressive manner.

"Today, Wanheng has proved that he is capable of beating top-class fighters," said Piyarat. "He has also showed the world that he is a versatile fighter."

Ahead of yesterday's fight, Piyarat had said: "We want Wanheng to match Mayweather's record of 50 successive wins and he beat a fine boxer like Fukuhara to make his record look good."

Mayweather beat Conor McGregor in August for a record 50th straight win, but the feat is not accepted in some quarters as McGregor is an MMA fighter who was making his professional debut in boxing.

Commenting on Wanheng's next title defence, Piyarat said: "It will be another tough assignment as he is scheduled to take on Leroy Estrada, the No.1 contender from Panama, in a mandatory fight.

"We will be bidding for the right to stage the fight in Buri Ram province on Feb 9 next year, but a lot will depend on the proposal of the other camp also."

Wanheng is one of the Kingdom's only three world boxing champions at the moment along with WBA minimumweight title-holder Knockout CP Freshmart and WBC super-flyweight king Srisaket Sor Rungvisai.

I’m not a big record guy but it would still be kinda a shame if this dude of all people would break Floyd’s record

Dude never even moved up 3 damn pounds to light flyweight.
But ok let’s say that there are some great fighters in history who never moved up for some reason...
Did this guy beat killers in his weightclass at least then?
Nah his best win is probably Saul Juarez or Melvin Jerusalem. And he has 15 negative record opponents, 2 debutants and a bunch of other record padders on his resume it’s not even like dude was brought up cautiously and lately he only fought higher level competition, dude still returns to beat up negative record guys from time to time.

So :camby: with this dude breaking Marciano’s then Floyd’s record

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I’m not a big record guy but it would still be kinda a shame if this dude of all people would break Floyd’s record

Dude never even moved up 3 damn pounds to light flyweight.
But ok let’s say that there are some great fighters in history who never moved up for some reason...
Did this guy beat killers in his weightclass at least then?
Nah his best win is probably Saul Juarez or Melvin Jerusalem. And he has 15 negative record opponents, 2 debutants and a bunch of other record padders on his resume it’s not even like dude was brought up cautiously and lately he only fought higher level competition, dude still returns to beat up negative record guys from time to time.

So :camby: with this dude breaking Marciano’s then Floyd’s record
It's not a record..chavez sr went 80 something fights before a L..hell Ricardo lopez went 51 I think and retired undefeated.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
It's not a record..chavez sr went 80 something fights before a L..hell Ricardo lopez went 51 I think and retired undefeated.

It is a record if he retires undefeated at 51-0...Chavez is only the record for most wins before a loss.

And Ricardo Lopez only won 51 of 52 fights, remember he had a draw on his record.

51 wins in 51 fights, and retiring undefeated, will set the new record.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Chavez doesn’t count because he didn’t retire undefeated and Ricardo Lopez also doesn’t count because he had a draw too not only straight wins