Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Joined
Jun 29, 2012
Messages
6,235
Reputation
449
Daps
15,020
Reppin
North Carolina
Until further notice all amatuer boxing in the US is banned. :merchant:

http://m.guardiannews.com/sport/2012/oct/25/us-boxing-suspended-child-abuse?cat=sport&type=article

what the fukk brehs?:damn:

Amateur boxing in the US has been suspended for three months after USA Boxing failed to remove the former president from its board despite hugely controversial comments he made about homosexuality and child abuse earlier this year.

Adonis, president of the organisation since 2009, told the New Yorker magazine in May that, in his experience of female boxing, "half of our girls have been molested; half of our girls are gay", and that physical abuse in childhood was a good grounding for a career in boxing.
He was quoted as saying: "When kids call me up, I say: 'Let me ask you an honest question: have your parents ever hit you?' If they say no, I say: 'I don't think you belong in boxing.'
"My father invented child abuse... I learned how to play chess when I was six years old. My father would have a strap and smack me across the face if I made the wrong move. So when I got on to the streets and got into boxing, I was so used to getting hit it was like, hey, this is nothing!"
When he trained young boxers, he said, "before a fight I'd start smacking them real hard in the face. Because you feel, in boxing, the first couple punches. After that, the endorphins kick in and it's like someone gave you Novocain."

And pointing out a female boxer to the New Yorker's interviewer, he said: "Let me tell you a story about her: she was raped by a member of her family when she was a little girl! Half of our girls have been molested; half of our girls are gay."

In response to the article, the International Amateur Boxing Association directed USA Boxing to remove Adonis as president, calling the comments "defamatory to the reputation of AIBA, the sport of boxing, women's boxing in particular, certain minority groups, and inappropriately associating child abuse with the sport of boxing."
However, a vote by USA Boxing members allowed Adonis to remain on the board, prompting the AIBA to take action against the organisation as a whole.
The AIBA Disciplinary Commission decision stated: "By failing to remove Mr Adonis from the USA Boxing board of directors when it had the chance to do so, USA Boxing, in essence, endorsed Mr Adonis's statements and sent out a message that such behaviour was acceptable.
"The action (or lack thereof) and the very serious and harmful nature of Mr Adonis's statements has jeopardised boxing and the panel finds it appropriate to impose a suspension upon USA Boxing. This suspension must reflect the severity of the offence."

AIBA later said in a statement: "The International Boxing Association respects the decision of the Disciplinary Committee and shall take the necessary steps to assist, improve and develop the sport in the USA and protect the interest of its boxers."
USA Boxing told its members that it would "try to shorten" the three-month suspension. Adonis has been fined and suspended from all boxing activities for two years.
 

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Joined
May 1, 2012
Messages
30,225
Reputation
6,675
Daps
56,794
Reppin
California
Eboxer.png
 

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
13,630
Reputation
2,326
Daps
23,321
Brandon Rios, Ruslan Provodnikov Ordered For WBO Belt - Boxing News

The World Boxing Organization has ordered junior welterweights Brandon Rios (31-0-1, 23KOs) and Ruslan Provodnikov (22-1, 15KOs) to fight for the vacant WBO championship. If either Rios (now ranked at one) or Provodnikov (ranked at two) refuse to accept the fight, then the WBO will go down the chart for the highest ranked available contender.

The WBO has told their respective promoters to begin negotiations. Mike Alvarado was the number one ranked contender, but he was knocked off a few weeks ago by Rios (ranked at four at the time) by way of a seventh round knockout.

The belt will become vacant because Juan Manuel Marquez is moving up in weight to challenge Manny Pacquiao for a fourth time on December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Marquez and Pacquiao will fight for a special WBO "Champion of The Decade" title.

Sounds like another war...
 

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
122,216
Reputation
11,959
Daps
253,750
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
18,527
Reputation
5,293
Daps
57,586
Reppin
Lauderdale
R.I.P Emanuel Steward.

I was rewatching the James Toney vs Jirov fight a few months ago and that last round was something else. Prolly one of the most ass kickingest 12th rds ever and Steward made you feel like you was watching King Kong and Godzilla fight.
 

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
122,216
Reputation
11,959
Daps
253,750
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
R.I.P Emanuel Steward.

I was rewatching the James Toney vs Jirov fight a few months ago and that last round was something else. Prolly one of the most ass kickingest 12th rds ever and Steward made you feel like you was watching King Kong and Godzilla fight.

or in more recent times when steward was like "oh my god" after that wild 6th round in ortiz-berto...:sadcam:
 
Top