Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You take SOG over RJJ at 168?

Yes. I love Andre Ward's technical skills and his ring IQ alot more....plus SOG's resume at 168 > Roy's.

No way Roy could be a GOAT 168 lber, because he only had 7 fights there. His win over Toney is bigger than any of SOG'S at 168, but Ward's overall resume at 168 is better.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Yes. I love Andre Ward's technical skills and his ring IQ alot more....plus SOG's resume at 168 > Roy's.

No way Roy could be a GOAT 168 lber, because he only had 7 fights there. His win over Toney is bigger than any of SOG'S at 168, but Ward's overall resume at 168 is better.
I feel you and yeah Roy wasn't at super middle long but IMO he would've ran 168 just like he did 175. That Toney performance>>>>>>>>

I think Roy could beat anybody at 160-175 except maybe Hagler or Spinks and those would be close

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I feel you and yeah Roy wasn't at super middle long but IMO he would've ran 168 just like he did 175. That Toney performance>>>>>>>>

I think Roy could beat anybody at 160-175 except maybe Hagler or Spinks and those would be close

Me too.

At his peak, I think Roy Jones Jr is the best P4P I've ever seen live
..no youtube or archives:wow:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Froch himself would give Calzaghe tremendous issues so would Dirrel. It's actually not as big of a disparity :ehh:
Dirrel would give anybody a good fight. Froch is already proven to be championship material. No arguement there but I see Joe handling froch well and beating him on points.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
No time to break them down. .Give me Calzaghe's wins over Hopkins, RJJ Jr, Jeff Lacy, Mikkel Kessler and Sakio Bika over any 5 Frochy Froch wins.

Besides, Calzaghe never was dominated by a man fighting with a broken hand like Froch was, plus Froch lost to Prime Kessler....who Calzaghe convincingly defeated.

bum ass calzgay never faced a fighter as good as ward in their prime. he ducked the ward/super six too...:russ:

hop-he lost to out of prime hop.arguably ducked him too:mjlol:

rjj-out of prime, u know good n well prime rjj shyts on him...he said it out his own mouth. another duck:stopitslime:

jeff-u stan him but let's be honest hes not that great n was overhyped cause of power. . what's his signature win? a out of prime pemberton etc......:comeon:

mikkel-decent but froch beat him the 2nd time. plus froch beat many fighters just as good if not better than him. still not as good as ward in his prime. :yeshrug:

bika-avg, awkward jobber who's jealous he'll never surpass boone. what's his signature win?:dahell:

:ufdup:plus he ducked dawson, glen johnson, tarver...etc and 15 of his title defenses were against guys not ranked in the top ten.:scust:

get this nikka:camby:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
bum ass calzgay never faced a fighter as good as ward in their prime. he ducked the ward/super six too...:russ:

Joe Calzaghe would've been 37 years old entering the "Super Six" and he was already considered the #1 Super Middleweight:comeon:

The whole reason they had the tournament was to see who would now be #1, now that Calzaghe was gone.

-he lost to out of prime hop.arguably ducked him too:mjlol:

Who got the official victory? :mjpls:

And "out of prime" B-Hop? You mean the same Hopkins who went on to embarrass prime Kelly Pavlik in his very next fight?:sas1:

The same B-Hop who went on to go 7-2-1 and win 4 Championships AFTER losing to Joe Calzaghe beating Champion after Champion? (Pavlik, Jones Jr, Pascal, Cloud, Shumenov):sas2:

-out of prime, u know good n well prime rjj shyts on him...he said it out his own mouth. another duck:stopitslime:

He beat the Roy Jones Jr. who was coming off of destroying Tito...not the same Roy Jones Jr who Hopkins fought 4 fights AFTER Calzaghe beat him.

-u stan him but let's be honest hes not that great n was overhyped cause of power. . what's his signature win? a out of prime pemberton etc......:comeon:

You're speaking in hindsight. Calzaghe was the underdog in the fight and Calzaghe exposed him as overrated....no one else. To try and discredit him AFTER he did what people said he couldn't, beat Lacy, isnt fair.

mikkel-decent but froch beat him the 2nd time. plus froch beat many fighters just as good if not better than him. still not as good as ward in his prime. :yeshrug:

Decent?:dwillhuh:

Prime Kessler was the 2nd best SMW. ..that was a great victory. Calzaghe beat him in his prime of 2007 and while he was undefeated....Froch lost to Kessler in 2010 and didn't avenge his loss until he fought the washed up version in 2013:usure:

Calzaghe beat him in 2007...Froch finally won 6 years later when he was done:camby:

-avg, awkward jobber who's jealous he'll never surpass boone. what's his signature win?:dahell:

Never surpass Boone? :what: Bika is a former Champion:ufdup:

Signature win means nothing for fighters like Bika. We all know he's a gate keeper, but he can beat you if you're not in your game.

:ufdup:plus he ducked dawson, glen johnson, tarver...etc and 15 of his title defenses were against guys not ranked in the top ten.:scust:

He ducked a bunch of light heavyweights, even though he was the King of Super Middleweight:comeon:

You cant duck someone NOT in your weight class breh:birdman:

get this nikka:camby:

If that's all you have in your arsenal to disparage Calzaghe in favor of Froch, who's ducking Ward and DeGale CURRENTLY plus was destroyed by Ward with a broken hand, plus lost to Prime Kessler as well....then there's no need to break down Frochy Froch any more.

This the same dude who struggled with George Groves, that you're giving the nod over Calzaghe:wow:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
2015 been a bad year for the Dirrell bros. :mjcry:

Wasn't all that impressed with DeGales performance, those knockdowns he scored as well as taking the the championship rounds sealed it for him, but it was close. Fight had that draw feel to it where neither guy really dominated, but Andre definitely looked worse. Dude just can't seem to pull away in close fights. Against Froch he wasn't aggressive enough against a guy that couldn't really hit him.

an against Degale he got hit too much against a guy that wasn't really that aggressive. :mjlol: How you fail with one of Michigan's defensive god's in your corner. :snoop:

:dahell:at Baker getting that Manfredo/Calzaghe stoppage. Ref robbed us of a decent finish.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Promoter: Wilder-Povetkin Can Take Place in America

Alexander Povetkin (29-1, 21 KOs) made a statement this past Friday in Moscow, when he knocked out Mike Perez in 91 seconds in his final WBC heavyweight eliminator. Povetkin is now the mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight Deontay Wilder of (33-0, 32 KOs), who defends his title next month against Eric Molina.

The Russian challenger is represented by very wealthy promoter Andrei Ryabinsky, who two years ago bid a record $23 million dollars to bring Povetkin's fight with heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko to Russia.If Wilder-Povetkin goes to a purse bid, Ryabinsky is one of the few who can outbid the champion's manager/adviser Al Haymon.Povetkin has trained in the United States in the past, but he never fought in the country.

Ryabinsky is not ruling out the idea of having Wilder-Povetkin in the United States. He actually likes the idea of that scenario.''We have already achieved such a level [in Russia] that we can fight abroad. It would be interesting [to have the fight] in the United States. We are serious about this fight with Wilder, but I can not tell you right now if it's going to be Povetkin's next fight'' Ryabinsky said to Sportbox.