Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
haymon like :leostare:

look at the statement this nikka made..lol

“What can I say? I didn’t make weight. I want to apologize to Andy Lee and to all my supporters and fans. I made every effort to make weight but it just wasn’t meant to be and I have no one else to blame but myself. I may not win a title tomorrow but I still have a fight to win and I still plan to put on a good performance. I promise to use this as a learning experience for the future. God bless.”

i swear if this nikka don't beat lee like floyd did gatti, ill never watch this nikka fights again.....get this nikka of here:camby:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
look at the statement this nikka made..lol

“What can I say? I didn’t make weight. I want to apologize to Andy Lee and to all my supporters and fans. I made every effort to make weight but it just wasn’t meant to be and I have no one else to blame but myself. I may not win a title tomorrow but I still have a fight to win and I still plan to put on a good performance. I promise to use this as a learning experience for the future. God bless.”

i swear if this nikka don't beat lee like floyd did gatti, ill never watch this nikka fights again.....get this nikka of here:camby:
it almost seems like he doesnt want the belt.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 4/10:

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao:
- The problems with the promotion are due to them not allowing enough time between negotiation and fight date.
- Manny did not spar yesterday due to having blood taken for drug testing.
- Terry Norris vs. Mayweather? Mayweather easily, possibly by KO.
- Technically Mayweather could have been DQ'd vs. Judah, but was glad they decided not to.
- Believes Pacquiao and Mayweather fit right in with the 4 Kings at WW.
- Would bet that Mayweather and Pacquiao get the SI cover the week of the fight.
- Andrew Tahiti gets Mayweather's final non-televised slot.
- LSC is the 3rd TV bout for Mayweather-Pacquiao. No weight class or opponent listed yet.
- Greatest Pacquiao performance? ODH or Cotto.
- Greatest Mayweather performance? Corrales.
- Ref for Mayweather-Pacquiao makes about $10,000. Certainly not enough to stop rumors a ref could be bought off.
- Closed circuit tickets will cost $150.
- Has been told there will be no legal streaming of the fight.
- Last fight he picked Mayweather to lose? Corrales.
- Last fight he picked Pacquiao to lose? Bradley in their first fight.

The Rest of Boxing:
- Bradley still in position to fight eliminator for IBF #1. Opponent to be named by IBF.
- Brook-Gavin set for May 30.
- Picking Garcia and Quillin to both win by decision.
- Peterson does have a good chance of winning.
- Also picking Salido to beat Martinez by KO.
- Cotto is negotiating to fight Geale. Very likely if that fight gets made it means Cotto has agreed to fight Canelo in the Fall as HBO doesnt want to pay for these smaller fights with Cotto without that commitment.
- If Peterson wins thinks he stays at 140. If he loses he will likely move up.
- The IBF has stated they will strip Peterson if he loses, even though the fight is a non-title fight, because it is his second non-title fight in three bouts.
- Win or lose he expects Garcia to move up.
- Kirkland in good or bad shape probably only has a punchers chance vs. Canelo.
- The JCC-TR settlement was likely $1-2 million.
- Ward is looking to return June 20. Date not finalized yet.
- Would like Iman to step up competition. Because King is his promoter, likely he could get fights with either Haymon or TR.
- Spoke with Bryant Jennings and he is very confident going into the Klitschko fight.
- Wlad says things are going great. He is sparring with Joseph Parker.
- Thought the Kirkland-Molina DQ was BS.
- Believes Canelo moves up in weight after the Kirkland fight.
- A Lemiuex fight is a natural possibility for Canelo.
- CBS drew 1.3 million viewers. Decent, nothing great.
- Of all PBC's broadcasts prefers the Spike presentation the most.
- After the last weekend doesn't disagree with the fact Kovalev is the favorite vs. Stevenson and the best and toughest fight may be Kovalev-Beterbiev.
- Rios vs. Cotto? Cotto.
- The Browne vs. Pryor Jr. fight may end up on TV if time allows.
- Thinks the lawsuit gets worked out and Lemieux-N'Dam will be televised on HBO.
- Has not picked a winner between Matthysse-Provodnikov, but thinks Prov's better chin could be the difference.
- Stiverne back possibly in July.
- Trout-Mundine being talked about for May 9 on CBS.
- Would like to see Brook vs. Broner.
- GGG-Quillin unlikely unless political landscape changes.
- A chance Wilder-Klitschko happens soon.
- No Andrade news.
- Loved Tito. Was great to watch fight and deal with.
- Not exicited for Khan-Algieri.
- Does not think promoter's start merging, but they will work closer together opposite Haymon.
- Thurman-Garcia in 2016? If they are Haymon fighter's anything is possible.
- Ricardo Lopez vs. Roman Gonzalez? Lopez.
- JCC-Fonfara tickets have been slow. StubHub has been cold calling their customer list.
- Thought Canelo beat both Trout and Lara.
- Announcer lineup for next week will be: Lampley, Hopkins, and Lederman will be on site to call Matthysse-Provodnikov; Kellerman and RJJ will be in Texas doing Crawford-Dulorme.
- Cotto is a lock for the HOF.
- Unlikely that Rigo gets Frampton or Quigg in the ring.

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Fat Dan picked Bradley to beat Manny? Maybe he was in on the whole thing :troll: :heh:

I agree with Corrales being Floyd's best W

:rudy: Mayweather isn't beating Norris easily, and he's not knocking him out either. I'd actually give Terry a great shot to beat Floyd given his size, power, and handspeed

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Fat Dan picked Bradley to beat Manny? Maybe he was in on the whole thing :troll: :heh:

:rudy: Mayweather isn't beating Norris easily, and he's not knocking him out either. I'd actually give Terry a great shot to beat Floyd given his size, power, and handspeed
He couldn't recall who he last picked to beat Pacquiao. He thought it was ODH. Fans wrote in and told him it was Bradley. I fact checked it and he did in fact predict Bradley to beat Pacquiao in the first fight...of course afterwards he thought the decision was poor.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps

First question right off the bat; "what would you be doing if you weren't involved in boxing?"

Floyd Sr: "I'd be a painter"
Jeff: "I'd be a writer"
Roger: "I'd be robbing somebody"

:russ: :mjlol: :dead: :deadmanny:

Uncle Rog is too phucking real for this world. The guy tells Jeff, " I've read your stuff, you don't believe in paragraphs"

:deadrose:

:deadmanny:

:deadrose:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

Floyd would have a 4-5in reach advantage in that fight, and Norris only an inch in height. The KO seems much, but I don't see him beating May at all.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Floyd would have a 4-5in reach advantage in that fight, and Norris only an inch in height. The KO seems much, but I don't see him beating May at all.
I do, given that he's a bigger guy (154 isn't Floyd's best weight class) plus he's got the handspeed and workrate to really trouble Floyd. Not a great matchup stylistically for Floyd

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Dan Rafael chat wrap 4/10:

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao:
- The problems with the promotion are due to them not allowing enough time between negotiation and fight date.
- Manny did not spar yesterday due to having blood taken for drug testing.
- Terry Norris vs. Mayweather? Mayweather easily, possibly by KO.
- Technically Mayweather could have been DQ'd vs. Judah, but was glad they decided not to.
- Believes Pacquiao and Mayweather fit right in with the 4 Kings at WW.
- Would bet that Mayweather and Pacquiao get the SI cover the week of the fight.
- Andrew Tahiti gets Mayweather's final non-televised slot.
- LSC is the 3rd TV bout for Mayweather-Pacquiao. No weight class or opponent listed yet.
- Greatest Pacquiao performance? ODH or Cotto. :patrice:
- Greatest Mayweather performance? Corrales. - No question

- Ref for Mayweather-Pacquiao makes about $10,000. Certainly not enough to stop rumors a ref could be bought off.
- Closed circuit tickets will cost $150.
- Has been told there will be no legal streaming of the fight. - yeah they are no fukking around lol
- Last fight he picked Mayweather to lose? Corrales - Mine was Zab

- Last fight he picked Pacquiao to lose? Bradley in their first fight. - Mine was Oscar..i learned a $ lesson

The Rest of Boxing:
- Bradley still in position to fight eliminator for IBF #1. Opponent to be named by IBF.
- Brook-Gavin set for May 30.
- Picking Garcia and Quillin to both win by decision.
- Peterson does have a good chance of winning.
- Also picking Salido to beat Martinez by KO. - possible FOTY alert on this
- Cotto is negotiating to fight Geale. Very likely if that fight gets made it means Cotto has agreed to fight Canelo in the Fall as HBO doesnt want to pay for these smaller fights with Cotto without that commitment.
- If Peterson wins thinks he stays at 140. If he loses he will likely move up.
- The IBF has stated they will strip Peterson if he loses, even though the fight is a non-title fight, because it is his second non-title fight in three bouts. - Hell yeah
- Win or lose he expects Garcia to move up.
- Kirkland in good or bad shape probably only has a punchers chance vs. Canelo. - Damn shame too
- The JCC-TR settlement was likely $1-2 million.
- Ward is looking to return June 20. Date not finalized yet.
- Would like Iman to step up competition. Because King is his promoter, likely he could get fights with either Haymon or TR. - This young man will be champion one day
- Spoke with Bryant Jennings and he is very confident going into the Klitschko fight.
- Wlad says things are going great. He is sparring with Joseph Parker.
- Thought the Kirkland-Molina DQ was BS. - Thank you..Molina was teaching Kirkland what boxing was all about,..he was about to get that highlight reel KO too :birdman:
- Believes Canelo moves up in weight after the Kirkland fight.
- A Lemiuex fight is a natural possibility for Canelo.
- CBS drew 1.3 million viewers. Decent, nothing great.
- Of all PBC's broadcasts prefers the Spike presentation the most. - I agree 100%
- After the last weekend doesn't disagree with the fact Kovalev is the favorite vs. Stevenson and the best and toughest fight may be Kovalev-Beterbiev. - cosigns..this nikka Kovalev en route to be 175 kingpin

- Rios vs. Cotto? Cotto.
- The Browne vs. Pryor Jr. fight may end up on TV if time allows.
- Thinks the lawsuit gets worked out and Lemieux-N'Dam will be televised on HBO.
- Has not picked a winner between Matthysse-Provodnikov, but thinks Prov's better chin could be the difference. - nikkas are going to war; thats all that matters :birdman:
- Stiverne back possibly in July.
- Trout-Mundine being talked about for May 9 on CBS. - a sleeper fight; possible action fight
- Would like to see Brook vs. Broner.
- GGG-Quillin unlikely unless political landscape changes.
- A chance Wilder-Klitschko happens soon.
- No Andrade news.
- Loved Tito. Was great to watch fight and deal with.
- Not exicited for Khan-Algieri.
- Does not think promoter's start merging, but they will work closer together opposite Haymon.
- Thurman-Garcia in 2016? If they are Haymon fighter's anything is possible.
- Ricardo Lopez vs. Roman Gonzalez? Lopez.
- JCC-Fonfara tickets have been slow. StubHub has been cold calling their customer list. - I thought this was an anticipated fight :mjlol:
- Thought Canelo beat both Trout and Lara.
- Announcer lineup for next week will be: Lampley, Hopkins, and Lederman will be on site to call Matthysse-Provodnikov; Kellerman and RJJ will be in Texas doing Crawford-Dulorme.
- Cotto is a lock for the HOF.
- Unlikely that Rigo gets Frampton or Quigg in the ring. - damn fukking shame these 122 cats dont want to unify

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Is Galarza the real deal ?

safe_image.php

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Is Deontay Wilder the real thing Brehs?

Cause I don't understand the lack of hype for an American undefeated heavy weight that knocks EVERY opponent out.