Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With Haymon Boxing, what we know so far

Own network
Reality Show
3-4 fights a year at the highest level
Year long drug testing

We've all noticed it looked like Al & Schaffer were trying to do the ufc type model & now Al's vision is finally becoming a reality. He wants to control boxing. He wants it to have the structure it's been lacking. This shyt is crazy. We are actually seeing a man create an organization in front of our eyes. It's gonna take time, years actually, but I can see Haymon Boxing having it's own rankings, title belts, & fighters hoping to get in the organization.
It's like he said fukk this, I'm gonna come in & clean this shyt up.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
lol Ruslan gets KTFO vs Lucas. Dude has NO head movement. Loads up on his power punches and telegraphs his left hook.

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
So is Haymon Boxing a promotion now? If so, I dont understand how he can act as advisor AND promotor from a legal point of view

Either way the fights look awesome! I aint too mad at him if he gonna put these type of cards!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So is Haymon Boxing a promotion now? If so, I dont understand how he can act as advisor AND promotor from a legal point of view

Either way the fights look awesome! I aint too mad at him if he gonna put these type of cards!
Nah he is still officially just a manager but he is skating close to the line.
To get around that he is contracting promotional companies to put on his fights. The rumor for the first NBC card in March is that Goosen Promotions will handle the logistics of the fight.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
With Haymon Boxing, what we know so far

Own network
Reality Show
3-4 fights a year at the highest level
Year long drug testing

We've all noticed it looked like Al & Schaffer were trying to do the ufc type model & now Al's vision is finally becoming a reality. He wants to control boxing. He wants it to have the structure it's been lacking. This shyt is crazy. We are actually seeing a man create an organization in front of our eyes. It's gonna take time, years actually, but I can see Haymon Boxing having it's own rankings, title belts, & fighters hoping to get in the organization.
It's like he said fukk this, I'm gonna come in & clean this shyt up.
I am just as excited for the possibilities of great boxing on network TV as the next guy but you do realize that a is not a good thing right? The last thing boxing needs is for a UFC type organization to come along and basically create a monopoly. MMA as a sport would be much better off if the entire sport was not controlled by Dana White and a couple shady Italians.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I am just as excited for the possibilities of great boxing on network TV as the next guy but you do realize that a is not a good thing right? The last thing boxing needs is for a UFC type organization to come along and basically create a monopoly. MMA as a sport would be much better off if the entire sport was not controlled by Dana White and a couple shady Italians.
Right. There has to be room for co-promotion when applicable in order for us boxing fans to :eat:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Not to mention fighter's purses could be significantly lowered if Haymon was allowed to monopolize the sport

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just went over the schedule and this ESPN card on Friday is :leon:

Petr Petrov vs Hank Lundy

Willie Monroe Jr vs Bryan Vera

Could someone with insight explain a couple of things

- I thought Broner, Guerrero, Thurman, Garcia were Goldenboy fighters and Haymon was their manager, is this still the case?

- How has Haymon managed to move the fighters to NBC do they not have a contract with Showtime?

- Will Mayweather and Khan join NBC too?

Broner, Guerrero, Thurman and many others are no longer tied to GB who only have LSC, Canelo, Mares, Khan and Matthysse left

Khan and Mayweather are the only fighters contractually tied to SHO

They both have 2 fights left on their deals so a move this year

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It may have gotten buried under all the great announcements recently (props to @Big Boss )

But I wanna wish a happy 50th to Bernard "The Executioner aka The Alien" Hopkins

Iont know if he'll continue fighting on but I wanna thank him for putting a youth like me onto so much knowledge and not only concerning boxing

Brother is the oldest title holder in our sports history, is one of the GOAT middleweights and has proven his doubters wrong more times than anyone

The man has laid out a blueprint for many of our sports best to follow in and out of the ring

It's crazy that this former felon who lost his first pro fight would go on to accomplish so much and prove so many wrong ( :pacspit: at that puss ass warden)

We gon officially celebrate when @krackdagawd makes that birthday thread :myman:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

Photos: Khan Puts on Mask To Mock, Bait Mayweather

Former champion Amir Khan (30-3, 19KOs) got together with the guys in RDX Sports for a prank video aimed at sought after roval, WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (47-0, 26KOs). Khan is chasing after Mayweather, hoping to get the pound-for-pound king on May 2nd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. However, Khan could be left out in the cold as there are ongoing, very serious negotiations for Mayweather to face WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, also on May 2nd and agreed to land at the same Las Vegas venue.

amir%20khan%20%283%29.jpg

amir%20khan%20%281%29.jpg

amir%20khan%20%285%29.jpg

amir%20khan%20%282%29.jpg

amir%20khan%20%284%29.jpg

:snoop: