Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Anyone expecting blockbuster bouts on NBC Sports Network are smoking crack.
They only reach something around 75-76 million households and average about 200k for boxing telecasts.
The hope is that Haymon can put on compelling bouts on NBC that will draw in casual viewers and not just boxing heads. Because while the list of fighters Haymon manages is impressive to those of us who follow boxing religiously it is not a list of names that mean jack shyt to the public at large minus a few guys.

Im pretty sure the NBC deal is all on Haymons dime...Haymon only makes money if the advertising is putting in dollars N to do that the ratings gotta be good....so the thought is Haymon will put on good fights

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Blame Haymon for fights not happening, but forget that Bob Arum stated clearly that he wouldn't make a Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner fight regardless of anything....but will make Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri and Jessie Vargas.

Haymon has been great every year until last year, and yall trying to throw him under the bus like he's the major and sole problem. Haymon > Arum and De La Hoya. De La Hoya is also the same dude on record saying he will try his best to get his OWN fighter beat again (AB), because of what he said after beating Carlos Molina:comeon:

Everybody that smartly went with Haymon, just made the right decision for their careers

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
let's see who has a better year, UFC or boxing

UFC already destroyed Boxing tenfold in January, there's no doubt about that

Damn I thought only uneducated 12 years were the only ones still comparing boxing to mma :what: ufc just shyt on itself with the jon jones scandal fukk outta here :camby:the announcement of pacquiao vs mayweather alone will surpass anything the ufc has done in 10 years :mjlol:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Blame Haymon for fights not happening, but forget that Bob Arum stated clearly that he wouldn't make a Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner fight regardless of anything....but will make Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri and Jessie Vargas.

Haymon has been great every year until last year, and yall trying to throw him under the bus like he's the major and sole problem. Haymon > Arum and De La Hoya. De La Hoya is also the same dude on record saying he will try his best to get his OWN fighter beat again (AB), because of what he said after beating Carlos Molina:comeon:

Everybody that smartly went with Haymon, just made the right decision for their careers

Bro you the only nikka talking about a Pacquiao Broner fight.. At the end of the day, Broner hasn't done shyt above 135 to garner a fight with Pacquiao. Maybe right after he outpointed a super :flabbynsick: Paulie and got a free belt he had a chance then but any other time, fukk no :camby: nikka cant even get a belt at 140.. Algeiri and Vargas would both beat Paulie as well..

Funny how you bring up Arum not wanting to make Pacquiao/Brner but fail to mention he tried to make fights with better opponents like Pacquiao/Maidana and Pacquiao/Khan and got turned down both times.. We already know Swift was an option and we know Haymon got in the way of that fight

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
arum's boys threw out a khan v paq in dubai in 2015..lol

sounds like a joke but..dubai has plenty of paks and fili's over there plus two Asian (one muslim) boxers ..makes sense and dollars..but arum and arabs working together? hell njo.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
man this shyt is frustrating, it's hurting our beloved sport..fukk man.
danny garcia should be in top top fights n shyt..he is 0 in defeat and hot and haymon going to fukk him up.

Danny announces his next fight during the week

Hopefully your frustration turns into elation :ahh:

. Haymon > Arum and De La Hoya. De La Hoya is also the same dude on record saying he will try his best to get his OWN fighter beat again (AB), because of what he said after beating Carlos Molina:comeon:

I too remember dat. Tried to do him like Rigo

I also remember Schaffer throwing his full support behind Broner during that time

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
722171245.jpg

@Amare's Right Hook

Nice !

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I too remember dat. Tried to do him like Rigo

I also remember Schaffer throwing his full support behind Broner during that time

Right. AB would've been a fool to stay with GBP after that. Haymon and Schaefer has his best interests

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I'm not saying it's true but it's pretty common that boxers negotiate for a plan b.
How can Haymon, in good confidence, simultaneously negotiate with Arum for both Khan vs Pac and Floyd vs Pac...
Khan and Floyd are both under Haymon, so either one being a backup plan for Pac over the other doesn't make sense especially since Khan vs Floyd would probably be the fight that gets made if Pac/Floyd falls through.