Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
All I'm saying is GGG vs Ward can't go the way of Mayweather Pac brehs it can't :to:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
All I'm saying is GGG vs Ward can't go the way of Mayweather Pac brehs it can't :to:
For a guy who can make 154, I think we're asking a bit much from GGG to compete effectively at 168....at least right now we are. Honestly, he has to knock off the top dog at 160 first before that's even called a "Super" Fight between he and Ward. Ward on the other hand should seriously consider moving up to 175 if certain outcomes to other 168 bouts occur in the next couple of weeks.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope Cotto takes Golden Boy's offer to force Martinez's hand in facing GGG. Martinez doubt is at an all time high since the 12th with Chavez Jr.

Where does Martin Murray fit into all of this? The guy who nearly upset Martinez in his own hometown but didn't get the decision and has a mandatory due against Golovkin? I really don't know...the fact that he turned down GGG for 2/1 says something though

I have a hunch that he'll get a Martinez rematch and Golovkin will be facing someone like Daniel Geale or the Barker/Sturm winner on a double header (or close to) on HBO. Then later on they'll meet up.

Now if Cotto refuses GBP's offer, then all of this is a mute...we'll be seeing Martinez/Cotto

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#12 ranked Light Heavyweight Isaac Chilemba vs. Michael Gbenga

Still doesn't let his hands go enough...I wonder how Campillo would do against him though...

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Great fight for Ward showing off what a great boxer can do vs a less skilled fighter. I always prefer the skill fights...the brawls are entertaining, but I always lean toward the sweet science. Not a fighter from 168 down that can touch him. Would be interested to see what he looks like at 175, he is tall enough to not have any problems there, but always has a lean look to his frame...not sure what his natural weight is.

I thought the ref did a great job. It was clear Edwin came to play rough and didn't feel he could win anyway else. I want to watch two guys fight, not grapple. There is a difference between a brawl and the shyt happening in the first few rounds. Those first few rounds is why refs are needed.