Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This was posted and here's the anti black comment to go along with someone being genetically superior...lol

UYZXeo.jpg

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Member when some of y’all complained about PBC fighters being over paid … I member

Bob refused to pay For a Bud Opp for damn near 10 years … I clown on Bud all the time but he doin waaaaaaaay better numbers than Shakur…. N Bob says he loses Mansions off him… but TR can afford to Pay Shakur/Herring that much when they doin WNBA attendance :patrice:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Member when some of y’all complained about PBC fighters being over paid … I member

Bob refused to pay For a Bud Opp for damn near 10 years … I clown on Bud all the time but he doin waaaaaaaay better numbers than Shakur…. N Bob says he loses Mansions off him… but TR can afford to Pay Shakur/Herring that much when they doin WNBA attendance :patrice:

Bud getting paid 5-10mm , this had a fairly cheap undercard.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Bud getting paid 5-10mm , this had a fairly cheap undercard.

5-10 million :deadmanny:You might wanna check those numbers

On no day on Planet earth is Herring worth 1.5 Million :usure:…. Bob wouldn’t offer that to Porter for a whole ass year … when the attendance would be damn near 3xs what they did last night PLUS PPV revenue

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

On no day on Planet earth is Herring worth 1.5 Million :usure:…. Bob wouldn’t offer that to Porter for a whole ass year … when the attendance would be damn near 3xs what they did last night PLUS PPV revenue

Thats still less than shakur Herring combined. All fighters together probably was probably 4m. I doubt this made major money though

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think the mob boss Kinahan is supplementing that purse for Herring tho

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how would you guys describe Usyk's style of boxing, amazing technical fighter but I have trouble describing his style

his style seems distinct from say cuban style counterpunching or defensive fighting, and it also seems like he doesn't throw a lot of combinations

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk Rematch Slated For March In UK
joshua-usyk-3333.jpg

BY MANOUK AKOPYAN
Published Sun Oct 24, 2021, 08:24 AM EDT

Anthony Joshua’s attempt to exact revenge against Oleksandr Usyk could come as soon as spring 2022.

“I think March is realistic, yeah March, around March,” Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn told IFL. “It’s a huge fight and there will be a lot of people wanting to stage it, but I would like to do it back in the UK.”

The six-month turnaround for the sequel would be the same timeline the 32--year-old Joshua needed for his rematch against Andy Ruiz in 2019 following his first career loss.

Joshua (24-2, 22 KOs) dropped a spirited unanimous decision to Usyk (19-0, 13 KOs) in September after being outslugged 148 to 123. The former undisputed cruiserweight champion Usyk also landed 96 power shots -- 25 more than the Brit -- to win the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight titles. Usyk was awarded scores of 117-112, 116-112 and 115-113 for his efforts.

Joshua has a contractual right to a rematch that has since been exercised, and that is the only fighter the pair of Olympics gold medalists will be focusing on moving forward.

“Team Usyk is very happy to take the rematch. They’re going to make a huge amount of money and they believe they’re going to win the fight. For AJ, there is no other fight. He’s seen comments from people,” said Hearn.

“‘Step aside this, step aside that. Absolutely not in a million years. He’s fit, and while he’s fit, strong and focused as he is, there’s only one fight [Usyk] that he has his mind on.”