Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
some guys need to learn who and what they are, larry you just call fight's, you do not fight..ol ass cracker!

He's disrespectful & dismissive to fighters that don't please HIS taste in fighting all the time. He needs to go back to his magical kingdom & bake some damn cookies lol

iu

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

If youtube/social media (alternate means to get cash) was out back then things like this would've happened sooner/more often. These types of build ups are all entertainment, has nothing to do with the prestige of boxing (fighting for the belt and etc). Its the same as a boxer going on a program like WWE/F

Folks were against Ali and his various exhibitions against non boxers too.

An older guy like Floyd that put in the necessary work in his career deserves the right to be retired and make money how he sees fit imo. Im sure dude's message is more so a shot at Paul, but again with todays climate celebrity status is more than what it was back in the day.:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If youtube/social media (alternate means to get cash) was out back then things like this would've happened sooner/more often. These types of build ups are all entertainment, has nothing to do with the prestige of boxing (fighting for the belt and etc). Its the same as a boxer going on a program like WWE/F

Folks were against Ali and his various exhibitions against non boxers too.

An older guy like Floyd that put in the necessary work in his career deserves the right to be retired and make money how he sees fit imo. Im sure dude's message is more so a shot at Paul, but again with todays climate celebrity status is more than what it was back in the day.:manny:

nah i wont reason like that breh lol...any talks of floyd fighting a youtuber is horseshyt,,if it comes to fruition its horseshyt..floyd vs mcgregor was horseshyt...im just going to ignore and hope it fades to the background

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Still :mjlol: at cats thinking Gary is ducking Haney. Proof is all in how Haney's camp (mainly his father) has been talking on camera.

I don't understand how people missed that they said Eddie Hearn doesn't want it and the fight won't happen unless Al makes it happen. They promoter on that bullshyt not Gary's. :manny:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't understand how people missed that they said Eddie Hearn doesn't want it and the fight won't happen unless Al makes it happen. They promoter on that bullshyt not Gary's. :manny:

Yep seemed to me their setup (Haney's) wasnt that solid on some patchwork shyt, where they would get paid primarily under the table/behind the scenes. The whole dialog verbatim had street deal vibes behind it/reliant on too many factors, where the person most likely to take an L in that scenario financially is Russell. Just not good business tactics at all for that type of platform/avenue. The whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Crawford vs. Brook Negotiations at Advanced Stage For November 14
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Fri Sep 18, 2020, 01:38 PM EST

Top Rank president Todd DuBoef, who promotes WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford, says his company is now at the advanced stage of the negotiations to finalize a fight with Kell Brook.

The date being targeted is November 14, likely at the MGM Grand's Conference Center in Las Vegas. But the location may move to another location - depending on the COVID-19 restrictions.

Crawford has been out of the ring since December 2019, when he stopped mandatory challenger Egis Kavaliauskas.

terence-crawford-62020.jpg

Brook (39-2, 27 KOs), a former IBF welterweight champion, was in action in February when he battered Mark DeLuca over seven rounds.

The Sheffield boxer has been away from the welterweight division since 2017.

Since 2016, Brook has only had a single fight at the welterweight limit of 147 - when he was knocked out in eleven rounds by Errol Spence.

"We're having advanced conversations with Brook," DuBoef told Sky Sports.

"It makes sense for both fighters. We're eyeing a November date if it can get done. November 14 is earmarked as the date. The location, as of now, is Las Vegas in a studio-type environment. There was talk of going to Omaha, where Crawford is from, in an intimate setting with some fans. We're weighing it up. First we've got to see if we can put the match together. Then the venue."

Eddie Hearn, who promotes Brook, is hoping the deal comes together.

"I've been talking to [Top Rank CEO] Bob Arum about various things [including] Crawford against Brook, which looks close to happening as well," Hearn said.

The overall target, for Top Rank, is a showdown between Crawford and WBC, IBF champion Errol Spence.

"Spence Jr's accident [in 2019] put that fight on the side," DuBoef said. "It should have happened this year.

"The welterweight division is going through these guys. Terence is a brilliant fighter - one of the best finishers I've seen in the past 10 years. He's in a great weight class."

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Diaz was a good fighter and he would make a tough fight out but I do think Broner would give him the business on 116-112 shyt or a KO in the second half of the fight

yeah I think that’s a good fight for Broner

Juan’s lack of power would hurt him in this fight