Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$20 smooth, I'll take that.

I'll even put a blue strip on it quick. Just let me know.:jawalrus:

I don't see it. Prograis doesn't possess anything that would trouble Broner.

The only way Prograis wins a round is because Broner doesn't let his hands go. Other than that, he's getting dominated.

Y'all gonna make me bring back the #Bandcamp letterman.:mjlol:
:hhh: this nikka Broner not even a full-time boxer anymore and been abusing his body, what has this dude done to inspire this much confidence? Prograis loses a close fight (I scored it a draw) against a fighter better than anyone Broner ever beat and now all of a sudden he's trash.

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
:hhh: this nikka Broner not even a full-time boxer anymore, what has this dude done to inspire this much confidence? Prograis loses a close fight (I scored it a draw) against a fighter better than anyone Broner ever beat and now all of a sudden he's trash.

We know Broner is a deeply flawed fighter who can be discouraged into not throwing punches, but how would Prograis do that?

The Taylor fight showed me enough. Prograis wasn't strong enough to keep Taylor off him; his power wasn't enough to push Taylor back; he didn't have the boxing IQ to make adjustments against Taylor; hand speed isn't spectacular; conditioning looked shaky; defense wasn't good.

About the only noteworthy thing about Prograis is that he has some decent combinations and body work. I guess he has some sort of fukking chin too because he took a lot of shots against Taylor.

What the fukk is impressive about dude? He's older than Broner and hasn't accomplished shyt. He won his first world title and lost it in 6 months. Even Indongo unified and successfully defended his titles more than Prograis.

Dude is food hiding in a weak division, he better not move up. Broner gets made fun of for losing to Pacquiao, Maidana, Porter and Mikey, but Prograis isn't even worthy of sharing a ring with any of those fighters. I don't even think he'd beat a Malignaggi.:beli:

I'm so fukking serious too.:beli:

Broner is constantly brought up as a "what if?" fighter, insinuating that he had wasted potential. As we see him tested against good opposition, I think it's clear that it's less what if and more of what simply is. Dude is flawed as fukked.

But he's still better than Prograis.

Give him the 10 milly, Al. So Rougarou can see what levels are.:beli:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
We know Broner is a deeply flawed fighter who can be discouraged into not throwing punches, but how would Prograis do that?

The Taylor fight showed me enough. Prograis wasn't strong enough to keep Taylor off him; his power wasn't enough to push Taylor back; he didn't have the boxing IQ to make adjustments against Taylor; hand speed isn't spectacular; conditioning looked shaky; defense wasn't good.

About the only noteworthy thing about Prograis is that he has some decent combinations and body work. I guess he has some sort of fukking chin too because he took a lot of shots against Taylor.

What the fukk is impressive about dude? He's older than Broner and hasn't accomplished shyt. He won his first world title and lost it in 6 months. Even Indongo unified and successfully defended his titles more than Prograis.

Dude is food hiding in a weak division, he better not move up. Broner gets made fun of for losing to Pacquiao, Maidana, Porter and Mikey, but Prograis isn't even worthy of sharing a ring with any of those fighters. I don't even think he'd beat a Malignaggi.:beli:

Broner is constantly brought up as a "what if?" fighter, insinuating that he had wasted potential. As we see him tested against good opposition, I think it's clear that it's less what if and more of what simply is. Dude is flawed as fukked.

giphy.gif

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If you're going to use silly ass arguments like this at least put them in proper context. He won his first title and then faced another elite guy in Taylor, Indogno fought a washed up Ricky Burns, who was never even that nice to begin with. And how did Prograis not make adjustments when he lost the middle rounds but then won the late rounds against Taylor? Lol @ not being able to beat weak ass Paulie, who Broner struggled, I'm done here, this shyt ain't worth the time.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
If you're going to use silly ass arguments like this at least put them in proper context. He won his first title and then faced another elite guy in Taylor, Indogno fought a washed up Ricky Burns, who was never even that nice to begin with. And how did Prograis not make adjustments when he lost the middle rounds but then won the late rounds against Taylor? Lol @ not being able to beat weak ass Paulie, who Broner struggled, I'm done here, this shyt ain't worth the time.

Context?

How about Prograis beat a never was in Relikh for his belt, and was quickly relieved of his belt six months later. He went to England with a belt, and flew back with a consolation prize (AKA NOTHING.)

"Another elite fighter?" What the fukk has Prograis done to be considered elite? Taylor is the only one who could potentially be called elite.:mjlol:

If you hate my "silly ass argument," then maybe you'll at least concede that Indongo winning and unifying legitimate titles at 140 shows how weak that division is. Mikey and Crawford laying waste to the division, and Teofimo and Haney moving up to 140 is about the most exciting thing about that division.:beli:

I still don't understand what Prograis brings that would make him a favorite against Broner. Is it that he makes adjustments too late and loses close decisions?:beli:

Crawford gets shytted on for his resume but I would love to see Prograis actually look good against someone like Diaz, Gamboa, Postol or Dulorme.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
I thought Prograis was the real , still might be... but My dog @FreedMind is making some irrefutable talking points...How you perform after that first L matters a lot so I still have high hopes for dude...with that said , I’m more confident in Ramirez and Taylor doing better at 147 than El Debarge :francis:

I’d still take him over AB in a decision over activity alone and probably rocks him a couple times to boot.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Me being an OG non believer of Broner I gotta go with @aceboon..Broner at this point is too far gone to compete with any moderately talented / talented fighter that will bring pressure to him and make him gunshy. His performances have taken a huge dive from since the theophane fight.