Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
What was Shine mad at Hollow for? I don’t understand.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What was Shine mad at Hollow for? I don’t understand.
Hollow taking slick shots at him, and then acting like it never happened when approached about it or acting as though he doesn’t know why somebody would be upset or not wanna fukk with him. Nitty had a similar type of issue with Hollow. And it makes sense, because Hollow does that throw stones and hide your hands type of subliminal shyt. I see it as just battle rap psychological shyt but I can see why guys wouldn’t want to fukk with that.

Either way, Shine is super hot headed and overreacts in general.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Hollow taking slick shots at him, and then acting like it never happened when approached about it or acting as though he doesn’t know why somebody would be upset or not wanna fukk with him. Nitty had a similar type of issue with Hollow. And it makes sense, because Hollow does that throw stones and hide your hands type of subliminal shyt. I see it as just battle rap psychological shyt but I can see why guys wouldn’t want to fukk with that.

Hope this doesn't lead to another underwhelming battle. The whole animosity with Hollow angle usually doesn't make for a great battle. Arsonal, John John, Nitty or Math were all underwhelming

Ardamus

Daps

Ok well throughout the face off I was I feeling Shine wasn’t getting to the point with Hollow. I never knew they had beef at all. What was a subliminal shot that Hollow took?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok well throughout the face off I was I feeling Shine wasn’t getting to the point with Hollow. I never knew they had beef at all. What was a subliminal shot that Hollow took?
Not even subliminals really, Hollow has talked about Shine in a couple of different interviews in the typical condescending Hollow fashion. He sent shots at Shine in bars he didn’t use for the Nitty battle. To me it doesn’t seem like a big deal but I’m just watching from the outside. I can certainly see how Hollow could be grating to someone who actually knows him. A lot of other battlers clearly don’t fukk with him on a personal level so I get it. Shine is also over emotional person in general.

Ardamus

Daps
Not even subliminals really, Hollow has talked about Shine in a couple of different interviews in the typical condescending Hollow fashion. He sent shots at Shine in bars he didn’t use for the Nitty battle. To me it doesn’t seem like a big deal but I’m just watching from the outside. I can certainly see how Hollow could be grating to someone who actually knows him. A lot of other battlers clearly don’t fukk with him on a personal level so I get it. Shine is also over emotional person in general.

Ok I never really remember him doing that but ok; sounds weird. I'm just wondering what particular interviews he may have done that in. If he personally knows him, I understand. They have a certain history that alot of us weren't really privy to. But I guess seeing it pop up now, it feels like it came out of nowhere. Not them battling because maybe it was eventually going to happen but the beef.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok I never really remember him doing that but ok; sounds weird. I'm just wondering what particular interviews he may have done that in. If he personally knows him, I understand. They have a certain history that alot of us weren't really privy to. But I guess seeing it pop up now, it feels like it came out of nowhere. Not them battling because maybe it was eventually going to happen but the beef.
There’s been a few interviews Hollow has had talking about Shine, but I’m pretty sure he’s being asked about K. In the episode Hollow was on Goodz caffeine show K Shine calls up and it goes left.

There’s a couple of others but they’re in interviews where Hollow was talking about something else and I don’t wanna search through videos, but these at least had Shine in the title.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: shine a hothead but...
idk brehs Hollow was talkin spicy to Rum in the faceoff and then when Rum turned up in response, Hollow turned republican talmbout "why is he so mad? he got some bad coke or somethin?"

gonna wait until the footage drops because hollow is definitely a hand hider
hollow was hidin hands again, huh?
:sas2:

Ardamus

Daps
Damn Spanish Harlem really broke this shyt down with P. Sheesh.

Spanish called it out what P was doing and he did it on the live.
Wow.

But Geechi is a damn fool.
:mjlol:

Last edited:

Ardamus

Daps
There’s been a few interviews Hollow has had talking about Shine, but I’m pretty sure he’s being asked about K. In the episode Hollow was on Goodz caffeine show K Shine calls up and it goes left.

There’s a couple of others but they’re in interviews where Hollow was talking about something else and I don’t wanna search through videos, but these at least had Shine in the title.

Damn you know what....that kind of reminded of this story Danny told us before they battled.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn you know what....that kind of reminded of this story Danny told us before they battled.

Lol. I know what Shine meant or was trying to convey to Danny but there’s pretty much no way you can say that to someone and they take it the way you mean it, unless y’all have a deep personal relationship. That shyt was the most extreme level of it’s not what you say but how you say it.