Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I wouldn’t be surprised if the URL added a couple of battles to summer madness. A 4 battle event is too risky and has never been the URL’s style.

All it takes is for one of these nyggas to catch COVID or for someone to back out and now you’re down to 3 battles, which would be unacceptable.

However, that is definitely an expensive card on paper.
I'm assuming the UM4 finals will be on it too.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm assuming the UM4 finals will be on it too.

I wouldn’t make that assumption. The URL typically mentions something like that in advance. It’s possible but I’m thinking it’s unlikely, which is smart on the URL’s part. Those guys have no big stage experience. If SM was taking place at caffeine, I would agree. On a big stage? Doubtful.

None of the guys from last years class haven’t been on a big stage either, which is why I believe none of them are on SM. They gotta get these guys acclimated. How do they do that? Events like Civil War.

If SM was taking place in a small ass caffeine room I’m sure they wouldn’t mind throwing some of those nyggas on there. However, when it comes to that big stage, you need reliable, proven performers.

This is where the RBE Max OUT cards have failed. ARP puts those cards together and half the battlers can’t even rock that type of crowd. He doesn’t have enough midsized events to get them comfortable either

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I wouldn’t make that assumption. The URL typically mentions something like that in advance. It’s possible but I’m thinking it’s unlikely, which is smart on the URL’s part. Those guys have no big stage experience. If SM was taking place at caffeine, I would agree. On a big stage? Doubtful.

None of the guys from last years class haven’t been on a big stage either, which is why I believe none of them are on SM. They gotta get these guys acclimated. How do they do that? Events like Civil War.

If SM was taking place in a small ass caffeine room I’m sure they wouldn’t mind throwing some of those nyggas on there. However, when it comes to that big stage, you need reliable, proven performers.

This is where the RBE Max OUT cards have failed. ARP puts those cards together and half the battlers can’t even rock that type of crowd. He doesn’t have enough midsized events to get them comfortable either

Fair enough. Only reason I thought so is because the battlers themselves keep mentioning it in the Face-offs, but you're right, URL has never said it themselves. We'll see.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fair enough. Only reason I thought so is because the battlers themselves keep mentioning it in the Face-offs, but you're right, URL has never said it themselves. We'll see.

I haven’t watched the face offs. I acknowledge that it’s possible, but I can see them putting that battle on a whole nother card.

This venue in Houston is double the size of the previous venue they used. It just wouldn’t make sense to put some new guys on there.

I’m curious to see how Mook is going to hold up.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

I mean they said UM5 so maybe they know sumn we dont

nikkas battlin for 25k and the only person who would get around that much on this card is JJDD

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Is there ever a card where you’re not complaining?? Smack isn’t bringing Nuborn back so if that’s what you’re waiting for to be happy you gotta let it go.

Big name battles are trash. url, rbe, etc... these battles are ass. Was Maxed out 2 not trash? Was Cal vs Hitman not trash? We about to get 3 or 4 Cal vs Hitman type battles for Summer Madness... Some of you guys are so in LOVE with some of these names you don’t even realize these nikkas dont say anything fire and stink up the battles.

nikka I havent watched a Born battle in years. Miss me with this nonsense.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Is there ever a card where you’re not complaining?? Smack isn’t bringing Nuborn back so if that’s what you’re waiting for to be happy you gotta let it go.

Nah he's right that card is ass. Where's Sikh, ez da block captain, Danny, or jey? Wtf. Where's Ave atleast? This is boring as hell.