Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Besides the two semi finals, does anyone know if any other battles will be on tomorrow?

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
KOTD signed a deal with Twitch for Grand Prix Tournament

Caffeine shoulda seen it coming. They still want to one up Twitch but it's a tough hill to climb. Yeah Caffeine has Drake on there but Twitch just scooped up Logic and in comparison....Logic seems to be more active on Twitch than Drake is on Caffeine. And also, Caffeine hasn't really shown they can hang with the craze of DJs streaming and now, you can stream movies I think your Hulu account on Twitch. Caffeine got SMACK URL and locked the talent from battle rap and the commentators/bloggers. Not sure how long the bag will be there for SMACK URL in the upcoming years but this will be interesting.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Caffeine shoulda seen it coming. They still want to one up Twitch but it's a tough hill to climb. Yeah Caffeine has Drake on there but Twitch just scooped up Logic and in comparison....Logic seems to be more active on Twitch than Drake is on Caffeine. And also, Caffeine hasn't really shown they can hang with the craze of DJs streaming and now, you can stream movies I think your Hulu account on Twitch. Caffeine got SMACK URL and locked the talent from battle rap and the commentators/bloggers. Not sure how long the bag will be there for SMACK URL in the upcoming years but this will be interesting.
We have to wait and see if it’s an official deal. If Twitch isn’t paying them, then this isn’t what the Caffeine deal is. And it’s only for one tourney. URL and Caffeine is a whole contract.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
We have to wait and see if it’s an official deal. If Twitch isn’t paying them, then this isn’t what the Caffeine deal is. And it’s only for one tourney. URL and Caffeine is a whole contract.

Even that aside with the ins and outs of battle rap, Twitch is technically still ahead overall. However, you are right...KOTD could be playing the game like they have a deal with Twitch and its not stated that its legit. So there is that. But still everyone is damn near on Twitch now is the point I'm making. Caffeine is still competing with them at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Even that aside with the ins and outs of battle rap, Twitch is technically still ahead overall. However, you are right...KOTD could playing the game like they have a deal with Twitch and its not stated that its legit. So there is that. But still everyone is damn near on Twitch now is the point I'm making. Caffeine is still competing with them at the end of the day.

If KOTD brings in some dope new talent its wrap. SMACK got all this new talent but he's forestalling their greatness with this app shyt. Made it worse by selling his beard to Caffine.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Doesnt matter

Let them kotd battlers get poppin in twitch, all those years shytting on gunbar battlers gonna come back to bite when they all get cancelled cuz 90% of their bars are race/homophobic/shock steez :mjlol: