Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Froze sounding like Jim Lampley/Larry Merchant on an HBO Boxing intro :skip:

I been saying it, he is way wayyy better at covering battle rap than battle rapping, his podcast is the only battle rap shhit I can listen to in regard to nigs talking about battle rap…that and Swave joint and even that’s kinda ass now lol. Rosenberg needs to cover all the big PPV-level events for all the big leagues

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rex must've gone crazy :leon:
Probably not, just nostalgic Rex, 🤷🏽‍♂️. A lot of times Rex be ass, 😂, imho of course, it just feels like he’s cooking because it’s vintage Rex energy type shhit. Idk what happened with Chilla, he might’ve really got him…just saying tho, 🤷🏽‍♂️

That’s a terrible battle for Chilla, aside from Rex looking great on a resume…Chilla is a nerd, 🤣, he looks like one and sounds like one…Rex is gonna talk filthy to that dweeb and make him look even goofier, 😆

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I missing something, why did the crowd leave earth when Rex said chilla will take off if a fiend comes up with his nose running? Am I missing something in this supposedly extraordinary bar?

Krs2

Pro
Daps
People clown roc but none of th battle rappers actually do something. Only fans and dudes from his city, so I can't be mad at him. He's super disrespectful and nobody touches him

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
The fact that Roc can continuously behave how he does, then go on stage and rap the toughest shyt ever and be called the GOAT is saddening to me as a fan of this shyt.
once you realize Roc is an entertainer and no bad blood is actually bad to him you stop taking his shyt so seriously
he was skittish when Eazy first wanted to take a walk with him to hash out their issues
skittish when he put a jacket on Slade and Slade wanted to fight and he agreed on stage then was talkin about "if i see him imma have tell my young ones to go get him"

if ducktales was a rapper it'd be him

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that Roc can continuously behave how he does, then go on stage and rap the toughest shyt ever and be called the GOAT is saddening to me as a fan of this shyt.
What does his behavior have do with the three rounds and the performance tho? That’s the criteria for greatness, the battling…or nah?

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
What does his behavior have do with the three rounds and the performance tho? That’s the criteria for greatness, the battling…or nah?
That might be your criteria. Yes they're entertainers, but a person's character matters to me and impacts how the material resonates. And that's not just battle rap, but regular music as well. That's why a guy like Brizz had to retire. Because he knows those horrorcore bars aren't gonna hit anymore since he was stripped of his image. So yeah, if the face of your sport is known for being a very talented bozo, I don't necessarily think that's a good look for battle rap.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
TODD with the Hebrew lsraelite bars :scust:
4fc1xu8xijg41.jpg

The crowd loved it tho, it was effective.

Nasty work that it’s Frak, a Jewish white man calling out Battlerap for dikkriding Drake and not bein real enough to say he lost to Kendrick SMH.