Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will 2024 be the worst year of battle rap?

We are currently in April, approaching mid year, and there hasn’t really been anything memorable.

You can argue the best content is coming from a retired/diabetic RBE league.

Daps

We are currently in April, approaching mid year, and there hasn’t really been anything memorable.

Battle Rap as we know it is cooked until Surf comes home. Lux vs Nitty will be good whenever it happens but that battle alone can't bring Battle Rap back.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Pretty much for the most part. It's quite a few obvious names that need to return to URL for the culture to revive itself. With RBE out the door, Lux vs Nitty probably the only battle we are going to get all year, that's big for the culture.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Let me know if the tweet don't show up, I screenshotted it as well cause he's a tweet deleting ass mf

So he whining about battlerrap nikkas not congratulating him on getting his album released? Does he think he the first battle rapper to get an album released or something? :dahell:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Ehh, why does he need battlerap culture to pat him on the back for it? If his friends/family proud of him for it, why he whining?
Cause like he said, he invested a lot of time and energy to it. He's just being emotionally honest. Doesn't mean he feels entitled to praise.

Consequences of being a lyrical, miracle supertroll I suppose :francis:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Cass vs Freeway can restore the feeling :blessed:
You are probably kidding, but this battle should've happened.
At this point battle rap badly needs an influx of talented new battle rappers and some established industry rappers.
A lot of the Top Tiers are out of matches, having people like Freeway, Crooked I, Cassidy, etc. open up new matchups.