Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
"So boom, ima get into it"
:russ: I knew fukkery was coming after that.
Snake need to go on the stock drop list.

edit: made her drop her pizza :wow:

bytch look like she eat pineapple pizza, shyt served a better purposed on the floor anyway.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tay Roc is a corny ass dude, 😂. He is the exact image I get in my mind when I think of a rapper/battle rapper…all the positives and negatives that that entails. He’s totally a good kid who let weed and a gun license and gangsta rap convince him he’s a street guy.

I hope he doesn’t end up a causality for getting caught up trying to be something he isn’t naturally, which happens a lot. Regardless of how inauthentic he is he’s still a Top 10 battle rapper ever who deserves his flowers for that.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
nikkas gon’ ignore it tho :sas2:
lemme try this shyt out. like a certain debatably-rat person once said, your thing is your thing, my thing is my thing, til i like what you doin with your thing and...you know the rest

this weak as hell

we need to broadly define what snitching is
Slade was asked to be in a rap video and was playing bball.
his brother got hit with a bottle on some drunk shyt and Slade was actively trying to break up the fight
they asked him if the nikka had a gun "ionno"
did he have one that day? "can't say"

smart dumbass nikkas talmbout "plead the fifth!" thats to stop you from incriminating yourself. he ain't even do a crime here :why:
nikka was a civilian in this instance, it don't even sound like new information

errybody rushing to do what Bigg K did between the Ace Amin vs the Ty nikka or this. And it don't seem either of those are as crazy as Ahdi Boom, who was doin some illegal shyt, and ACTUALLY told on his partners in crime for a reduced sentence

exposals a lot of time are the worst parts of battle rap because while they can be used for great results, they get treated like easy low-hanging fruit

that being said Eazy gonna destroy this man

Verb attaching himself to some shyt is everyday news but Roc going so hard on this knowing everything that happened to him.... :patrice:

i can't be the only one that thinks this could end another way right?

that being said if it's as bad as he saying and it's for sure Slade and not his brother who got nikkas locked up, then go for it. But everything that's readily available points to his brother being a witness/snitch on some other shyt.

you read the paperwork? they asked about a gun and he said no. everything else seems like old news to the courthouse:yeshrug:seemed pretty light (no pun intended) to me. If there's worse shyt that involves him (there's def a shooting that would make sense that would give numbers that Roc was talking about that his brother def spoke on, but a bottle assault got three people 60 yrs/1m bail or /30 yrs/10 yrs? :patrice:) then bring it out. This ain't nearly as damning as the Ahdi Boom situation just yet tho.

not gonna say his brother ratted more extra because i don't know if he a hood/"real" nikka or just a nikka that lives there. Slade at the minimum got rounded up for at least dealing drugs (sidenote: the mugshot from that looks like he was finna cry)

If Roc had this type of paperwork on him, he'd get more bail than what Slade is currently getting. very confident in that. the only people who seemingly want to hear out Slade's side/give him bail is both QP's and Nunu. Everybody else calling him a rat

The energy in TBZ is seemingly overwhelming in favor of getting Slade the fukk outta here. How much more you want mfs to do?

I'd read the paperwork whenever it was posted in any situation. You can rap and joke about mfs being snitches, bytches, and whatever in battle rap, but paperwork is a scarlet letter type of situation

so there ain't no more paperwork?

eh, don't think Tay Roc is the person to speak on it either but we are where we are now
besides, somebody has to do some due diligence on this shyt because its a lot of hearsay and this culture has more than it's fair share of sheep.

glad someone will go through all of this with a differing opinion
Cliffs:
Tay Roc should be wary of the situation he's gettin himself into because those dudes are real and probably using him (Hell, in the Tay Roc live with Jerk, Ace Amin calls in to ask Jerk questions like why has nothing happened to Slade if you feel this way and other shyt and pretty much tries to tell Tay Roc without telling him that the math ain't fully mathing. Messengers aren't safe and the dudes you going so hard with can't guarantee your protection in all the places you go)
Jerk is real, but he might be exaggerating what Slade did in order to get his career cooked.
Slade had opportunities to snitch when he was rounded up for Operation GRINCH, but never did
Slade's brother def told, PW thinks him getting hit with a bottle was a lining
It's being made to look like the case in question was the assault with a bottle when it really refers to the other case where someone tried to set up on their block and got beat with a bat + shot, which is the initial case Slade's brother was one of several witnesses on. Slade's testimony confirmed he knew them but not by their street names + he didn't say anything about them having guns for the fight we all know about. Bunch of battlers in spaces riding with it without reading everything involved
that nikka had pineapples and sardines on his pizza??? :why:

:sas2:
i do that right?

Daps
I watched the video from Rocq Lee explaining everything. Spaces is okay for hyping up potential battles but bad for the culture when something like this happens.. along with IG lives.