Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
not sure what piperboy is trying to prove with the numbers game but...ok

Mf just said battle rap is dead and now puttin up numbers to say what? They signed a deal, put pen to paper, and got money. Caffeine's growth is mostly a Caffeine issue

Push comes to shove, i know URL would go right back to watchbattlelive and hit people over the head for 30/40 every other month. They gonna get a dollar or 8 or 30/40 one way or another from a mf

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like Esso said artist ain't business men.

This nygga hitman investing money into battle rap just to put it on a shytty app

Remy Ma putting JUDGED battles on a VOD. There's no incentive to pay once the results are leaked.

It's just a lot BS going on with these artist thinking they business men or women

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
like Esso said artist ain't business men.

This nygga hitman investing money into battle rap just to put it on a shytty app

Remy Ma putting JUDGED battles on a VOD. There's no incentive to pay once the results are leaked.

It's just a lot BS going on with these artist thinking they business men or women
Entertainers tend to think they're good at business when they make a lot of money, not realizing, your talents got you money, not your business acumen

You provided a service/possess a talent that tends to pay extremely high wages, that does not mean you know how to properly run a business. At the end, you're a highly paid employee, not a boss.

Krs2

Pro
Daps
It be the fans fault to they be gassing this nikkas, i remember vividly when hitman announced the show nikkas was like

"oh hitman will save battle rap, hitman will put battle rap on TV fukk URL and caffeine yada yada yada"

Krs2

Pro
Daps
JAE mills and serious Jones are the most delusional weirdo nikkas i ever seen. Only difference is Jones is actually nice

If they ever battle the faceoff would be a cringefest and serious would win the battle easy

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Entertainers tend to think they're good at business when they make a lot of money, not realizing, your talents got you money, not your business acumen

You provided a service/possess a talent that tends to pay extremely high wages, that does not mean you know how to properly run a business. At the end, you're a highly paid employee, not a boss.

Man Mistah Fab was the worst with the shyt he was talking. Dude was out after one event.

Remy said she’s loss 400k so far in battle rap. Remy really took the worst approach to creating a league IMO. The best way to create a league is to start at rock bottom with your own talent. There really aren’t any short cuts.

Now I will say RBE is an exception to this. They didn’t start with their own talent. He did use vets like Verb and Goodz for his first card, but they were just one round battles. They were very strategic the way they used vets in the beginning. He also did have his stable of guys for awhile too like showoutt, j murda, jimz, and ahdi boom. The thing with RBE is I don’t believe they ever spent beyond their means. They kept building for years until they could do cards like “max out.”

Boxing promotions are the same way. The best way for new promoters to come in the game is to find their own homegrown talent and develop them. It takes years to build a successful promotional company. New promoters that come in and try to make an immediate impact by overpaying established talent never work out (50 cent SMS Promotions, Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Boxing, etc).