Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:

Sequencing is missing heavily in battle rap. If you played out 9/10 rounds word-for-word, they look like random scenes from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Edit - Since this is a performance, imagine going to a movie and showing the entire film in random order. Culture needs to level up.

Sounds of the blammy cool
Sweaty hands holding clammy tool
Opps empty barrel, damn he stool(s)
Mask off in the future, man we cool
Featuring a Drac-o, if you say so
Extra vowels, OVO branding foul
Two arms stretch, landing owls
Waist went to waste standing bowels
Movement lightyear beyond Home Improvement
To Allen, it's just practice
Tyronn Lue, over you
Puzzled, can you crack this?
Muzzled and attached haptics
Vital signs escalating from vital lines
Feeling phantom punches
Quickly bantam hunches
Clearly understanding pecking order
Have you on ICE, family checking border
Patrol knows he's on a roll
Rather on the run

What is this?
Please don't spam the thread.

Daps
What is this?
Please don't spam the thread.

Refer to the previously quoted post about UK artists, lol. I was pointing out how most battlers cannot format/sequence material to save their lives (and how easy it is to do).

Last edited:

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wooow Lux really battles for the camera dawg I just rewatched Lux vs Geechi for the first time remembering how I thought Gotti took it clear and damn near 3-0’d Lux I’m watching it now and Lux was whopping Geechi ass the first couple rounds dawg like like he won the battle to me I don’t know how this nikka keeps doing this I’ll be thinking he lost clear watch it back and have the complete opposite opinion he’s the only battler that makes me dramatically shift my opinion like that

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Wooow Lux really battles for the camera dawg I just rewatched Lux vs Geechi for the first time remembering how I thought Gotti took it clear and damn near 3-0’d Lux I’m watching it now and Lux was whopping Geechi ass the first couple rounds dawg like like he won the battle to me I don’t know how this nikka keeps doing this I’ll be thinking he lost clear watch it back and have the complete opposite opinion he’s the only battler that makes me dramatically shift my opinion like that
Any notable bars?

Daps

Watching this again now, and the 1st round is exactly what I was referring to regarding sequencing (spam, apparently). Lux's bars and setups are coherent/connected. Gotti's material sounds like random stanzas slapped together for moments.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Watching this again now, and the 1st round is exactly what I was referring to regarding sequencing (spam, apparently). Lux's bars and setups are coherent/connected. Gotti's material sounds like random stanzas slapped together for moments.

@wizworld is a prick lol. As far as the bolded that literally 99% of battle rappers. These nikkas suck. Cant write for shyt I hate them.

Daps
@wizworld is a prick lol. As far as the bolded that literally 99% of battle rappers. These nikkas suck. Cant write for shyt I hate them.

Exactly. If we're battling and you clap me in the first line, the round is over, lol. Lux, Mook, Lyt, JC, and a few others at least care about the writing aspect of battle rap.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will never happen, but in an ideal world, the best possible outcome would be to give Norbes some money, and bring that nygga back as a talent scout. That first Ultimate Madness class was cool. but the talent they have been bringing in has been lackluster. In addition, the talent development has been terrible. Norbes would at least gradually bring these nyggas in from small room, to mid size room, etc. They're are just throwing anybody on the big stage nowadays and it creates terrible battles.

The crucible is trash it just is what it is.

Daps
If Roc helps Stumbles remember his bars, would Stumbles become a problem? Remember he almost got Real Sikh out of here in the tourney.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Eazy's the best of the bunch, but at this point for me, him, Slade, and Stumbles are giving me the same bag. They not moving me like that.