The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This shyt is so dope and I think they using alot of it for the new movie? Minus bane and the joker I guess I duno maybe just the fact that batman is older and retired and fights superman?

He's not retired but he's older and they're taking the suit design and the batman superman fight as far as I know. Obviously the reason behind the fight will be different

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's amazing they filmed the movie and we haven't got one picture of affleck in the suit
:usure:

But seriously this shoot has been awfully good at keeping things under wraps. We still don't really even know what the actual story of the movie is or even who all will be in it and for how long.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I won't be surprised if this movie is a cluster fukk of a mess.
thats why I hope the rumor of it being split into two movies is true...part one could be the direct spin off of MOS, with batman coming in towards the end, then part 2 could be the lead into the JL movie....

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
thats why I hope the rumor of it being split into two movies is true...part one could be the direct spin off of MOS, with batman coming in towards the end, then part 2 could be the lead into the JL movie....
People would be pissd if batman didn't show up until the end. The plot itself could be a giant mess. Visually I think Snyder needs to bump it up a notch from MOS. I still cant picture Affleck as a good batman but maybe he will surprise me.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
First Official Image Of Jason Momoa As AQUAMAN In BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DOJ
aquaman-firstlook-unite-full.jpg

Starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Laurence Fishburne, Diane Lane, Jesse Eisenberg, and Jeremy Irons, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is set to be released on March 25th, 2016.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
BadassDigest Talks Aquaman's Role In Dawn of Justice

When the Aquaman character poster for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice* hit I automatically assumed "Unite The Seven" meant the seven members of the Justice League. After all, the script is called Dawn of Justice, it's a prologue to a Justice League movie, and the Justice League has a traditional seven member core line-up.

But everybody else online seems to have immediately jumped to the idea that "Unite The Seven" means The Seven Seas. Does that make sense?

First of all, it's important to note that there's no such thing as "The Seven Seas." It's a saying, which often refers to all the world's bodies of waters. Of course the fact that there are no such thing as the seven seas in no way means Warner Bros marketing actually knows that, and just maybe they did put that tagline on there thinking it's clever.

Let's assume the tagline does refer to "The Seven Seas" - that would mean Aquaman's story in Batman v Superman is to unite those seven seas. To address this I will have to, in the most minor way possible, spoil a small element of BvS. You've been warned.

The problem with this is that, as of the shooting script, that was not even remotely the case. As of the shooting script Aquaman is barely even present, showing up only in a survey of metahumans by Lex Luthor and then again at the very ending, when Batman recruits him for the Justice League. Now, it's possible that as shooting has gone on and as the Justice League script has come into shape that something has been added to BvS. In the script Aquaman and Flash really just have cameos, but perhaps having the actors available and knowing where they're going in the future has allowed Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio to add in some tidbits about the future movies. Maybe the Aquaman movie will be about Aquaman uniting the undersea kingdoms. But in BvS? No way.

There simply isn't any room for Aquaman to have a storyline added to BvS, and if they attempted it I suspect it would be a disaster. With that in mind, and knowing that the film is a prologue to Justice League, doesn't it make more sense that "Unite The Seven" refers to bringing the team together? As I've said before, the only hitch in that is that I counted six metahumans in the Batman v Superman script, and there was a conspicuous absence of Green Lantern. Adding Lantern into the metahuman survey/final recruitment would be easy enough at any stage of the process, including during post-production, just as Marvel keeps adding post-credits bits very late in their process.