The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's okay to be wrong bruh. Marvel didn't set up a blueprint, this is known to anyone familiar with movies :yeshrug:
Yeah they did actually if DC was following Universal they would just do meet ups not try and set up a completely different franchise . It's nuanced but there is a difference.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
But they never created a new franchise out of them based on them being in the same movie. That's the difference. The closest they did is X meets Y. And they did it once.
They did the Avengers/ JL team up in House of Frankenstein man they had already done a movie for Dracula, Wolfman, and Frankenstein already there was no need to keep going after:skip::whoa:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not entirely but the blueprint of having different characters in their own separate movies and then having them cameo or team up in subsequent movies along with having common threads that intertwine the movies is the basic blueprint and that's what he meant. And House of Frankenstein would be their "Avengers" movie
If it's called 'House of Frankenstein' isn't that more Civil War than the Avengers?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Yeah they did actually if DC was following Universal they would just do meet ups not try and set up a completely different franchise . It's nuanced but there is a difference.
Well to take a quote from iPhone users "it's not about who does it first, it's about who does it better :sas2:"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If it's called 'House of Frankenstein' isn't that more Civil War than the Avengers?

No breh lol it's not. It's called house of frankenstein because it's dr. frankenstein's spot. It's not a frankenstein's monster movie. Then they did it the next year with house of dracula but even then, it wasn't a dracula movie. they just used the titles for brand recognition but it was a "the gang's all here" approach that they started with frankenstein meets the wolf man. And while it's not connected to it entirely, without any of that, we wouldn't have monster squad

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No breh lol it's not. It's called house of frankenstein because it's dr. frankenstein's spot. It's not a frankenstein's monster movie. Then they did it the next year with house of dracula but even then, it wasn't a dracula movie. they just used the titles for brand recognition but it was a "the gang's all here" approach that they started with frankenstein meets the wolf man. And while it's not connected to it entirely, without any of that, we wouldn't have monster squad
So they didn't create one franchise out of others. That's what Marvel did and DC is attempting to do. Similar but not the same. Marvel took the Universal thing to the next step.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So they didn't create one franchise out of others. That's what Marvel did and DC is attempting to do. Similar but not the same. Marvel took the Universal thing to the next step.

No breh they did lol. These weren't characters who were created together all at the same time all with the same intent. They created a whole brand by taking Dracula, Frankenstein, and the wolf man, etc, all characters created by different authors and in different times, to make one universe of interconnected movies and characters

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We don't need luck we have Batman :sas1:

Plus Suicide Squad finna crush the buildings :wow:
You also have Superman, DC hasn't been able to market in the movies since the 80s so . . .
SS looks good but it is going to look like a half measure of subversiveness after the Rated R Deadpool. Don't count those eggs just yet. :usure:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Non spoiler review from someone doing the dubbing

Well, not exactly "see". I know someone who was (is) heavily involved in the dubbing process of the movie in my country. Unfortunately, signing an NDA is not enough, the copy of the film they receive comes with most of the image covered, a big watermark with the name of the company responsible for the dubbing and they can only actually see the mouths of the actors so they can sync the sound with the lip movements. Which means this person didn't actually "see" the movie, more like a better version of a script reading.

So what I was told is that it's great. Keep in mind this person is not a big super-hero fan, but he-or-she said the story is very interesting and surprising. Batman is really, REALLY dark as you already know, with scenes that could've come from a horror film (although his interactions with Alfred are fun and this Alfred is particularly emotional. I'm not sure what it means, but that's what the guy-or-girl said). Superman was what he/she thought was really interesting, though. It was the first time Superman felt like a truly complex character (this person saw Man of Steel and thought it was ok but said he/she can barely remember the film) and his confrontation with Batman is only topped by his interactions with Lois, which I was surprised to hear.

Another cool part of the movie was Lex Luthor, which the person described as "equally funny and scary, but in the end you kinda feel sorry for him" (I'm paraphrasing here, by the way).

Now I finally asked him/her about Wonder Woman, and he/she said she was very interesting and Gal sounded sexy (?) in the role, but apparently her big standout scene is the final fight with Doomsday and the person couldn't actually SEE it for the reasons I said before, so that's a bummer.

Now to be clear here, this was a relatively fast conversation with someone I know but we're not very close, so I was trying to not look like an annoying nerd, especially considering this person signed an NDA, which I tried to respect. It's not too detailed but it's a reaction and I totally believe it's legit. The person looked really excited about the movie, so that's good news.

Sleeper of the year, I'm calling it :wow:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
No breh they did lol. These weren't characters who were created together all at the same time all with the same intent. They created a whole brand by taking Dracula, Frankenstein, and the wolf man, etc, all characters created by different authors and in different times, to make one universe of interconnected movies and characters
And let's not act as if these movies aren't in direct correlation with their comic book counterparts *coughJusticeLeaguecamefirstcough*