The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Sources?
If this is legit:mjcry:
Where this from?

The source itself isn't the most reliable:
[Potential Spoilers] A detailed plot of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice • /r/moviesat

Which is why you should take it with a grain of salt. But at least he didn't claim to have seen the film. His description also fits with what Devin Faraci saw (he read an early draft from the script). There are some huge spoilers in it. If this turns out to be true yo

EDIT:I added the script that Faraci saw. This was before we had any trailers for BvS. There is one important spoiler. So read it at your own risk.

Batman v Superman opens with Batman's origin and fast forwards to Bruce Wayne coming to Metropolis during the Superman/Zod fight, but that's just setting the stage for that character. From there the script turns its attention to Superman heavily, and it examines the implications of Superman in the real world. The main action takes place a couple of years after the end of Man of Steel, and Superman has been busy in the meantime, becoming the hero we know and love. Clark Kent and Lois Lane have moved their relationship forward to the point where they live together. Clark is still working at the Daily Planet, although it's unclear if he's loving his assignments - he's tasked with covering a Metropolis/Gotham football game when he would rather be writing about Batman.

Very early in the film Lois is in the Middle East following a story when Superman shows up to help her out. This becomes something of an international incident as other nations view Superman as a tool of the United States. China, for instance, doesn't want him in their air space. It's an interesting look at how a being like Superman would be viewed on a global scale.

What are the lessons that Superman learned from Man of Steel? Some slight spoilers follow.

When Superman confronts a big bad guy and unravels his plot, he tells the villain, "I won't snap your neck, I'm going to take you to prison," an on-the-nose response to criticisms of the first movie. Of course Superman later loses his cool and threatens to break the bad guy's back, so he hasn't quite internalized everything yet.

As for being a protector of the people - when the Doomsday fight starts General Swanwick tells the military that Superman will move the battle away from populated areas because he's a hero, and that's what heroes do. Again, this is a direct response to complaints about the first film. It's also interesting to see that Swanwick, who was tracking Superman with drones at the end of Man of Steel, is such a supporter in this film. It seems that most people - except Lex Luthor and a cautious Batman, who is prepping anti-Superman weapons - believe Superman is a hero.

Rumour 2

James Gordon is dead

Rumour 3
In Batman v Superman Superman is no lackey of the government; if anything many of the world's governments distrust the guy. But it is Superman who goes to Gotham and starts the confrontation... at the behest of Lex Luthor. And unlike The Dark Knight Returns, Superman comes out swinging, pulverizing the Batmobile with one punch. Why would Superman do Lex Luthor's bidding? What is Lex hoping to accomplish? That would be spoiling. But know that when the fight is over, Batman will be able to point to Superman and say, "He started it!"

Rumour 4
Doomsday is in the movie.

Rumour 5
Aquaman is barelypresent, showing up only in a survey of metahumans by Lex Luthor and then again at the very ending, when Batman recruits him for the Justice League (see: Dawn of Justice as the title).Flash,Cyborg are also just small roles.

Last edited:
Daps
Part 1:
2016 brings Batman, Superman and the 'Dawn' of a new superhero universe
635874749848478661-BVS-FP-0981.jpg

Iron Man, Captain America and the rest of the Avengers are heavyweight champs at the box office. But the new year gives them some major new competition in the form of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and a group of misfit bad guys.

After years of Marvel Studios owning the superhero world, Warner Bros. is finally getting serious about building its own cinematic universe with a pair of big titles based on legendary DC Comics characters.

Director Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (in theaters March 25) hits first, bringing together Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel, Ben Affleck’s new take on the Dark Knight and Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman for the first time on film. Then things get nuts with David Ayer's Suicide Squad (Aug. 5), with an antihero ensemble featuring Will Smith’s assassin Deadshot and Margot Robbie’s bat-wielding, makeup-clad madwoman Harley Quinn, plus Jared Leto’s crazed take on the iconic supervillain the Joker.

So get ready for something really massive, smart and interconnected, Affleck promises. “I’ve been really impressed just as a working stiff to see how they’re doing it.”

In a lot of ways, though, Snyder says these two movies are only “the cornerstone of the beginning” of Warner Bros.’ grand plan, which began with the filmmaker’s Man of Steel in 2013.

This shared saga continues in next year’s Wonder Woman, which director Patty Jenkins is now filming in Europe with Gadot. Solo films are also planned through 2020 for fellow heroes The Flash (played by Ezra Miller), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and more, as well as two Justice League movies directed by Snyder that will be DC’s answer to Marvel’s tentpole Avengers flicks.

“I love Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, but having Flash and Aquaman and Cyborg and to see them all standing together, it’s a pretty dorky and cool experience for me,” says Snyder, who’s introducing some of his new Leaguers in Dawn of Justice.

“Basically every one of those characters has a logo that you would recognize without them standing there, and that’s a hard thing to achieve in this pop-culture world. We have history to draw on, but we also have these new frontiers to forge.”

One of them includes showing off a different Batman than fans have ever seen in movies. Over the years, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and most recently Christian Bale have entertained fans as philanthropist playboy/businessman Bruce Wayne and his vigilante Dark Knight alter ego, but Affleck brings an older hero to the mix: His is a Gotham City hero who has no patience for injustice in Dawn of Justice, and after watching the death and destruction caused by Superman’s battle with the villainous Zod (see: Man of Steel), he’s determined to do something about it.

“You can see the idea of the innocent being victimized by whatever they are, aliens, he doesn’t know — that’s the thing that really boils his blood, as you can imagine it would,” Snyder says. “Suddenly the innocent children of the world are all of us.”

.​

Daps
Part 2:
635874749836778436-BVS-04028r-CC.jpg

The director didn’t want a younger Batman coming to terms with the murder of his parents and being inspired to wreak vengeance on the criminal element, Affleck adds. His caped (and often armored) crusader is “a guy who had been through that experience already for many years and was kind of burnt out and asking himself what the point of it all was and going through an existential crisis.”

The actor also sees Bruce Wayne as much of a mask as the cowl worn by Batman and concentrated more on being the man rather than the myth.

“Batman is covered up by a suit and sometimes a car and sometimes a lot of vehicles and weapons, whereas Bruce Wayne is much more naked — it’s just you and a suit of clothes,” Affleck says.

“You can’t really play Batman because Batman is different things to different people. We project our own things onto the mythology of what Batman is, and he has to be able to be projected upon. With Bruce Wayne, you have to bring something distinct and new and different.”

Similarly, Cavill doesn’t make a separation between Superman and Clark Kent, who was seen taking his job at the Daily Planet at the end of Man of Steel. In Dawn of Justice, Clark and Bruce have confrontations in costume and out, since Superman is equally irked that Batman doesn’t have criminals’ civil liberties in mind as a one-man army. (They both get on the same page soon enough when they see young ne’er-do-well Lex Luthor, played by Jesse Eisenberg, up to no good.)

Batman v Superman is very much about humanity’s perspective on the Man of Steel, Cavill says, and when he faces Batman, the last son of Krypton knows he can put him in the ground — a weakness exploited by Affleck’s savvy do-gooder.

He can sure as hell take Batman out if he wants to, and Batman takes advantage of that,” Cavill says, comparing Superman’s constrained Clark Kent side to a dad playing football with a bunch of children.

“He’s not going to go all-out against the kids because he’ll end up smashing people around. It’s the idea of still wanting to have fun but no one gets hurt, so you’re being careful about where your knees and elbows are going. That’s what Clark is for me, but Superman is far more relaxed. Superman is dad just being dad at home.”

The new DC movies are all about introducing new characters, and Snyder is especially excited about unleashing Wonder Woman, who has a small role in Dawn of Justice but a bigger part to play in the larger universe. “She’s a powerful female superhero, which is a thing we haven’t had for a while,” Snyder says. “She’s a piece of IP that basically exists in pop culture in a way where every kid’s got a Wonder Woman T-shirt and they don’t really know why. I want to give the why back to that.”

2016 brings Batman, Superman and the 'Dawn' of a new superhero universe

Last edited:
Daps
“He can sure as hell take Batman out if he wants to, and Batman takes advantage of that,” Cavill says, comparing Superman’s constrained Clark Kent side to a dad playing football with a bunch of children.
“He’s not going to go all-out against the kids because he’ll end up smashing people around. It’s the idea of still wanting to have fun but no one gets hurt, so you’re being careful about where your knees and elbows are going. That’s what Clark is for me, but Superman is far more relaxed. Superman is dad just being dad at home.”

tumblr_o0ph2eLLmY1tmi5g7o1_540.gif

:troll:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i can't imagine these NFL tv spots are blowing average Joe away. Batman and Superman sell themselves, but no one could possibly be hyped from these tv spots.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
I don't think there's been a live action batman yet that's made him out to be the smartest guy in the room. You think he'd be smart enough to know the outcome of him trying to run superman one. If I'm superman, I don't even bother with him
Batman doesnt kill, so im sure he knew that wouldnt work. Whatever reason he did it tho is another thing. Itll end up on cinemasins

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lol they said its like a dad playing football with his children. The casuals are going to be so disappointed. They really should've just called it dawn of justice
dawn of justice would have been a much more intriguing title. batman v superman feels like a commercial product.

but I guess the studio would be afraid that joe moviegoer wouldn't know what dawn of justice is if you haven't seen any footage.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dawn of justice would have been a much more intriguing title. batman v superman feels like a commercial product.

but I guess the studio would be afraid that joe moviegoer wouldn't know what dawn of justice is if you haven't seen any footage.

True but MOS 2 - dawn of justice wouldnt imply some all out battle royal film plus the trailers would show batman is in it.

Its like capt america 3 not being named iron man vs cap because thats not the entire movie