The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is it true Russos/Disney cut out Thanos backstory?:ohhh:If so why??:dwillhuh:If not cool:ehh::hubie:

I read that and I'm not sure why they did it. I could've swore they said it was in the finished movie a couple months ago. Unless they're saving it for the next movie.

If they don't go into his background then I hope Death is in the movie, or at least referenced, because otherwise I have no idea what Thanos motivation is.

Fred.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I read that and I'm not sure why they did it. I could've swore they said it was in the finished movie a couple months ago. Unless they're saving it for the next movie.

If they don't go into his background then I hope Death is in the movie, or at least referenced, because otherwise I have no idea what Thanos motivation is.

Fred.
Generic destroy the universe to "remake" or "reset" in his image because he's evil?:ld:Still set for imax on opening weekend:blessed:
They'll probably save it for Avengers 4 then though that would make sense:patrice:I read they cut it for runtime:martin:If LOTR can make 3 AND Hobbit can make 3 long ass films this would be fine :martin:

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Destroy half of humanity to save them from themselves: we had this already with Ultron, did we not? Only difference is, Thanos is capable of giving beloved characters a permanent L, and Ultron couldnt do that because all the Avengers had plot armor.
(I actually didnt mind Ultron's monologues throughout the movie, it was a pleasant relief from the lack of seriousness that permeated that film)

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Destroy half of humanity to save them from themselves: we had this already with Ultron, did we not? Only difference is, Thanos is capable of giving beloved characters a permanent L, and Ultron couldnt do that because all the Avengers had plot armor.
(I actually didnt mind Ultron's monologues throughout the movie, it was a pleasant relief from the lack of seriousness that permeated that film)
They could have killed Black Widow or Hawkeye in AOU. What's the purpose of them being around for infinity war? The threats they are facing are way, way above their capabilities and we have so many more formidable heroes than them now. Like what are they gonna even do to the Black Order/Thanos? I'm assuming they're in Avengers 3 & 4 to die, otherwise them being there doesn't make sense.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The marketing for this movie has been odd.

Feels like there's been little to no ramp up. It's been more of a nostalgic vibe than anything else.

After the first 2 trailers dropped, they haven't been showing much footage after that. I have to commend Marvel for their secrecy though :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The marketing for this movie has been odd.

Feels like there's been little to no ramp up. It's been more of a nostalgic vibe than anything else.

After the first 2 trailers dropped, they haven't been showing much footage after that. I have to commend Marvel for their secrecy though :wow:

This is one of those rare movies that literally sells itself simply by existing. There’s no promo or material that can build hype better than the 22 previous movies that have preceeded it. Black Panther is currently DESTROYING the box office and that’s a film with a majority AA cast. Throw in the world’s favorite WHITE heroes and a promise of the culmination of the most profitable film franchise not named Star Wars and its a wrap bro.

There are probably only 4 franchises that can pretty much GUARANTEE printed money.

MCU
Star Wars
Fast & Furious

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This is one of those rare movies that literally sells itself simply by existing. There’s no promo or material that can build hype better than the 22 previous movies that have preceeded it. Black Panther is currently DESTROYING the box office and that’s a film with a majority AA cast. Throw in the world’s favorite WHITE heroes and a promise of the culmination of the most profitable film franchise not named Star Wars and its a wrap bro.

There are probably only 4 franchises that can pretty much GUARANTEE printed money.

MCU
Star Wars
Fast & Furious
I'd add Jurassic park to this list and probably remove Avatar but indeed:ehh: