The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
tumblr_p06lrnVvbH1qjf3iyo4_r1_540.gif

Just...comprehend this quick scene for a moment. This alien's strike merely glances against the vibranium helmet while Black Panther is unfazed in the slightest. BP's punch staggers that same creature.

Goddamn there are character elements as the crux of the action scenes. At the crux of action scenes that they're using in a trailer.

That's why this shyt works so well & the Marvel really does dwarf the DC shyt. The character moments inform the action rather than the action moments defining who the characters are.

Like, just take in the small moments of the trailer that mean monuments.

Cap & Bucky standing in line as soldiers behind T'Challa's army.

The MCU Spider-Man having his spider-sense spark up & manifest at this global threat.

T'Challa taking the lead and running at the head of his forces in that wide-shot as a one-man front-line.

Banner there apparently helping to fix/re-assemble "Hulkbuster" armor (which kicked his own as in the last Avengers go-around) to defeat either himself or a greater enemy.

Seeing Vision as "human" & SW reacting in those few seconds tells volumes on their relationship and that depth of character builds so much into the story. If that moment between them is early, consider how much more devastating it is when the they pry the gem out of his head?

I don't mean to talk shyt but this is the epitome of letting character and story build a fully fleshed out world vs throwing known characters out there and expecting an audience to accept them.

If DC treated their characters with respect, they could have earned what they tried to force upon people as an event but they didn't.

Marvel? They've taken Captain America, a character born out of 1940s nationalistic propaganda, who could so easily fallen into so many traps, and built him into such a solid character over multiple films who both represents and questions what "America" is simultaneously, that, when a leader of an independent African nation declares that you need to give that character a shield, it's a stand-up-and-cheer moment?

I really need you to understand the depths of that.

To reiterate: they've built a character that symbolizes America's ideals to the degree where, even after he's abandoned the government that spawned him, the leader of an independent African nation who avoided imperialism & remained isolationist respects the man and his convictions enough to replace his shield to let him remain an embodiment of those ideals... That is powerful stuff.

Again, Captain America is a fugitive in The United States of America but he is fighting, in formation, to preserve the free nation of Wakanda. I hope everyone appreciates what they're presenting here and how unique it is to be represented on the tentpole theatrical blockbuster stage.

The living symbol of American influence is now being used to legitimize and defend an independent African nation against a, not only global, but interstellar threat trying to intercede.

I mean, goddamn.
Real talk. I HATED Captain America as a kid and the MCU made me love him. We are into these movies for the action/special effects spectacle. But I do truly appreciate the characterizations they have done throughout. They are thoughtful and actually realistic if you consider the unbelievable context of it all. I can actually relate psychologically/emotionally. It's beautiful. :mjcry:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was worried that releasing this trailer now would overshadow Black Panther, but SO much of the trailer is Wakandan, it's really a trailer for both films as people hyped off this trailer will feel even more like they have to watch BP first before IW.

Props to Marvel that maneuver.
Exactly. They made it clear BP is absolutely necessary to see now.

Marvel really knows what they're doing, I can't say this enough.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Super DC stan boys = the worst of the worst

Make death threats
Spam Fake signatures
Spam Fake reviews
Now they spamming twitter with marvel villain and cgi hate

:mjlol:they want everybody to feel bitter
I peeped this immediately. They're trying to make a meme of Thanos looking bad in hopes this will deter people (it's not going to work). Very transparent.