Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
6380089354747904.png

:merchant::ld::heh::wtf::mindblown::dahell:

WHAT THE fukk IS THIS shyt?!?!?!!?!? PETER PAN LOOKS SO DAMN GAY!!!!:wrist:

:scust: Why did you post that in this thread??!!

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Arrow: Cupid is Out to Win Oliver's Heart... at Any Cost

Amy Gumenik talks to IGN about her new villainous role, playing a DC comic character created by series EP Andrew Kreisberg, and more.

19 NOV 2014 BY MATT FOWLER

Right at the end of last week's Arrow episode, "Guilty," DC Comics' Cupid made her debut. Played by Amy Gumenik (Supernatural's younger incarnation of Mary Winchester), Cupid's now out to win the heart of Starling City's vigilante, even if it means murdering just about everyone around him.

On this week's "Draw Back Your Bow," Arrow must face down Cupid's deadly obsession with him while trying to keep those around him safe from her lethal love arrows. I spoke to Gumenik about her new killer role, what lies ahead for her character in the Arrow-verse, the little Cupid-y Easter Eggs in the background of last week's installment, and being cast as a DC Comics character created by Arrow's own EP, Andrew Kreisberg, during his run on the Green Arrow comic book.

Cupid-1280-720x405.jpg

Amy Gumenick as Carrie Cutter / Cupid in Arrow.

IGN: Tell me a little about filming those background scenes last week. A lot of fans missed you appearing in some of those scenes and had to revisit the episode later on to catch you.

Amy Gumenik: Yeah, that was interesting. It's obviously the first thing that we shot with the character and for me it felt like it was a nice warm up. And it gave me the opportunity to be her when no one was looking. To be the stalker in the background. And to get a peek at what Cupid's, or at that point Carrie's, life really is. I think she does a lot of lurking in the shadows. So that was a fun, different opportunity for me to just jump in and live her life rather than just go straight into the action. And you know when I first saw the script and saw the line "I'm Cupid, stupid" I really didn't need anymore convincing about it. Because I think that line sells itself.

IGN: So she lurks in the shadows, but she's also not afraid to pop out with a line like that. With panache.

Gumenik: Oh, absolutely. But I think that her timing is very deliberate. She doesn't make herself known until she has figured out every step of her plan and every part of her target's plan. She just knows when her perfect moments are and how to make a maximum impression.

IGN: So she's psychotic but also patient.

Gumenik: In some ways yes. But not always when it comes to Arrow, no.

AR307a_401b-720x405.jpg

Amy Gumenick as Carrie Cutter / Cupid and Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen / Arrow.

IGN: There's a line in the teaser for the episode where you hear Cupid say "One night with me and you'll change your mind." That's a lot of confidence for a stalker.

Gumenik: I think that she is confident while she's in her Cupid persona. I think that she's definitely ruled by love at that point. And feels like nothing can stop her and no one can stand in her way. And she's really willing to do anything, including kill, for him. And that goes for a lot of characters on this show. I think just about all of them are living two lives and have a secret side that they don't show to everyone. And this is a fun one to navigate. And in those moments when she decides that she's Cupid, she's ready to go. And finds the confidence within her that perhaps she doesn't have as Carrie Cutter.

IGN: So putting on her Cupid costume sort of awakens something within her.

Gumenik: I think so, yeah. I think like we see with Oliver when he dresses up like the Arrow, there's definitely something that happens when these characters physically step into the shoes of these comic book heroes and villains.

IGN: Is Oliver, or Arrow, the first target of Carrie's obsession? Or will we see that there've been others?

Gumenik: He's not her first, and I do think that there's a pattern. But I also think that Arrow's the most extreme manifestation of this stalker-ism, if you will. She definitely sees something in Arrow that's different from the men she's been with and the ones she's been obsessed with. And I think he sort of set something off in her that's even bigger than she's ever felt before. But yes, her history with men is not healthy. And she does have obsessive tendencies. But there's something about Arrow specifically that's different.

IGN: Is this an "I love you to death" type situation?

Gumenik: In her world, in an ideal situation, it's probably an "I love you to death" scenario. She's determined to show him that they can both live happily ever after and convince him of that. She sees Arrow's hesitation as him being afraid to fully jump into a relationship with her. Which may or may not be a mixed interpretation based on some of the signals he's giving her, but I do think that the alternative exists as well. There's a bit of "If I can't have you then no one can." She doesn't want it to go to that level, but she's prepared to do whatever it takes to make him hers. Or no one's.

arrow-cupid.jpg

Amy Gumenik as Cupid (with friend) on the Arrow episode "Draw Back Your Bow."

IGN: It's one thing to come onto a show like this an play a DC character, and it's another to play one that was created by Arrow executive producer Andrew Kreisberg when he wrote for Green Arrow. Did you feel any added pressure there?

Gumenik: Yeah, I mean initially when I auditioned for the role I didn't know that the character was Cupid. Because they used code names in the script to protect the surprise. So in a way I was glad that I didn't know. Because it is an added pressure and I've got some big shoes to fill. Cupid is such a fun, celebrated part of the DC Comics world. But there was a little bit of pressure going into it, absolutely. And I think that Andrew was incredibly gracious in that he supplied me with research material and he was there as a resource if and when I needed him. And then also allowed and encouraged me to find and create my own Cupid. Using his creation as a guideline. So for me to have the opportunity to work with him directly, I kind of feel like it was, and is, a huge honor to bring his character to life. And to collaborate on that has been a tremendous gift that I didn't know I would have going into it. And I think he's brilliant. And he has such a genius mind to be able to create such fun and crazy characters but still remain so humble and normal.

IGN: The character of Brick is also coming to the show, played by Vinnie Jones. In the comics, he and Cupid crossed paths rather violently. Can we expect anything from the two of them?

Gumenik: Yes. Actually you can. Brick is one of many characters she crosses paths with. And she is determined and dedicated to rid herself and rid Arrow of anyone who comes between them. And so I think this episode just begins to touch on that and begins to touch on who all those people are. But there's definitely more to be explored.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/arrow-cupid-is-out-to-win-olivers-heart-at-any-cost
"

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Who May Play Luke Cage & Jessica Jones?

Arrow, Halo: Nightfall vets in the mix.

19 NOV 2014 BY JIM VEJVODA

Casting is heating up on Marvel's next two Netflix series: Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Deadline reports that four actresses are vying for the title role in Jessica Jones:Krysten Ritter (Veronica Mars, Breaking Bad), Alexandra Daddario (True Detective, the Percy Jackson movies), Teresa Palmer (Warm Bodies, I Am Number Four) and Jessica De Gouw (Dracula, Arrow's The Huntress).

AR108b-0244b.c-1-610x405.jpg

Jessica De Gouw as Huntress on Arrow.

Halo: Nightfall star Mike Colter and actor Lance Gross (Crisis, House of Payne) are being eyed to play Luke Cage, who Deadline claims "is designed to appear in 6-7 episodes of Jessica Jones and then topline his own series."

This wouldn't be Teresa Palmer's first time up at bat for a comic book project. Years ago she was cast as Talia Al Ghul in director George Miller's aborted Justice League of America movie.

Marvel's first Netflix series, Daredevil, debuts in 2015.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/4-actresses-2-actors-up-for-jessica-jones-and-luke-cage
"

:ohhh: So brehs, we never gonna see Huntress ever again on "Arrow"?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Watching now but I'm not up to date on the other seasons.

Arrow is fire....he might be a dime :noah: