Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I wouldnt be comparing what had happened back in the early 2000s to whats happening now. Oda probably has a new mindset on killing characters(and probably so as it seems that Vergo and Monet are dead)

Vergo and Monet were bad guys and they have a tendency to not return unless absolutely needed whereas the only good guys who have died in the present time were Ace and Whitebeard. Pedro still has a chance to return since just like all the other moments where a hero has "died" they returned sometime down the road. That scarecrow guy is hella suspect and he might play a part in this.

It would be really dumb for someone to die via explosion anyways seeing as how so many other character have survived them. Like when Ace and Whitebeard died at least it was original with them getting magma wounds to the chest and head. But an explosion? In 2017? C'mon Oda :pachaha:

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
Cracker having trouble with Luffy? You mean the fight where Nami was directly countering Cracker's powers and he still managed to fight Luffy for 11 hours? :skip:

Vista fighting on equal terms with Mihawk? You mean the fight where Mihawk was casually fighting him without paying attention? :skip:

:mjlol: Mihawk was in deep thought in the middle of a fight. shyt was funny. Dude had no respect for Vista.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Is mihawks black sword always cloaked in haki or is that its natural color? If the latter wld we ever know when he adds haki unless he says it or wld bein the best automatically mean he wld always have it on his sword

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Is mihawks black sword always cloaked in haki or is that its natural color? If the latter wld we ever know when he adds haki unless he says it or wld bein the best automatically mean he wld always have it on his sword

...its always been black same with with his little hunting blade he keeps on his neck.

i dont think its black because of the haki...unless the haki is always infused with it all the time or something.

teacher

All Star
Daps
...its always been black same with with his little hunting blade he keeps on his neck.

i dont think its black because of the haki...unless the haki is always infused with it all the time or something.

It's fukkin Mihawk if its black it better BECAUSE of Haki

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Luffy still has a long way to go breh...

One pieces specialty is natural and believable progression...

pre-timeskip, luff, zoro and sanj were getting washed by pacifista's, now its no sweat.

theres still more levels to admirals and yonkos.

Remember how luffy got washed by aokiji pre-time skip too? experience, duration and maturity are huge tropes in the one piece verse.

remember, Luffy AND Law barely just beat don flamingo....

still a lot more to go character growth wise and story wise...
This ain't Marineford. :ufdup:

You know what the official name for this saga is? It's the "Yonko Saga". One Piece isn't going to go on forever and we're already in the saga where Luffy will be going up against the big dogs.

At this point I honestly think Luffy is strong enough to put up a fight against almost anybody below Yonko level. Doesn't mean he'd always win, but he can put up a legit challenge.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Low-key Big Mom would have done better at Marineford than the Whitebeards

Crew runs deep as fukk :whew:

white beard was already sick and nerfed during the war though.

all the other pirates feared white beard as if he was one of the GOATS.

remember how white beard gave akainu the "OH SHYT" and the ""i fukked up" face when he grabbed him by the head?

im pretty sure thats normality of the shookness whitebeard was already known for:ld:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Schichibukai are chosen mostly for their fame. Even newbie Ace was offered the position and turned it down. Luffy would definitely be top tier with Mihawk and Doflamingo.

But I don't get why people think Mihawk can challenge a Yonko

During Marineford he said he wanted to see the difference between him and Whitebeard. If you assume Whitebeard, Shanks, Big Mom, Kaido, and Blackbeard are all at a somewhat similar level then then Mihawk would be a step below.

a step below doesnt mean he cant hang. never said he can win but he damn sure aint getting foddered easily..

Mihawk is too laid back thats why i think he's happy with Shikibukai, caus eif dude has his own squad, no way he wont be Yonkou level or close enough, Doffy was clearly Yonkou level just looking at his crew but he turned it down cause he wanted to rule Dressrosa

Light

Pro
Daps
a step below doesnt mean he cant hang. never said he can win but he damn sure aint getting foddered easily..

Mihawk is too laid back thats why i think he's happy with Shikibukai, caus eif dude has his own squad, no way he wont be Yonkou level or close enough, Doffy was clearly Yonkou level just looking at his crew but he turned it down cause he wanted to rule Dressrosa

In terms of overall influence or just strictly strength?