The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Athleticism is important in soccer but it's not the x factor at the highest level. Technique, anticipation, positioning, spatial awareness are really what separate great from good.

Zidane, Xavi, Modric, Iniesta, Messi........All these players were world class without out of this world strength or speed.

When you get a rare combo of technical ability and insane athleticism, then you get players like Thierry Henry, Ronaldo R9(Fenomeno) before the injuries, Ronaldinho (Prime), Kaka (Prime), Mbappe, CR7.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Justin Jefferson is one of the most skilled people in the NFL. His feet coordination, balance, body control and hand eye coordination is elite. If he trained since he was a child it's no question that he would be world class in soccer.

THEY KEEP REPEATING THE SAME shyt
BECAUSE THEIR ARENT ANY
GOD TIER ATHLETES IN SOCCER
TO PUT THEIR LITTLE MYTH TO BED.

ITS SIMILAR TO HOW PPL DIDNT
THINK BEING THE BEST ATHLETE
IN THE FIELD WOULD TRANSLATE
TO GOLF UNTIL TIGER SHOWED UP
OR IN TENNIS UNTIL SERENA SHOW UP.

SKILLS ARE GREAT BUT WHEN AN ELITE
ATHLETE SHOWS UP WITH SIMILAR SKILLS
IT PUTS ALL THOSE OTHER DUDES IN A COFFIN.

:devil:
:evil:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Baseball/softball, cricket (T20), flag football, lacrosse (sixes) and squash being added next Olympics

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Athleticism is important in soccer but it's not the x factor at the highest level. Technique, anticipation, positioning, spatial awareness are really what separate great from good.

Zidane, Xavi, Modric, Iniesta, Messi........All these players were world class without out of this world strength or speed.

When you get a rare combo of technical ability and insane athleticism, then you get players like Thierry Henry, Ronaldo R9(Fenomeno) before the injuries, Ronaldinho (Prime), Kaka (Prime), Mbappe, CR7.
R9 dribbling speed and turn of pace on the ball was :damn:

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
d7f9a8be59614b58495b9bbaa44266cf.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

I say gd :ohlawd:

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
R9 dribbling speed and turn of pace on the ball was :damn:
It was actually unfair, watch R9 before the knee injuries and it's hilarious watching world class defenders having no answers for him:pachaha:The world was robbed, those injuries occurred at the age when Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo took that leap into the next level. We will never know what he could have truly been, even though he still won the world cup and had great moments.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Non necessarily the us goalkeeper then take it seriously till college and he played for Arsenal

That only works for goalkeepers. To be a world class midfielder or attacker you should be in an academy by the age of 8 or 9, maybe even earlier. Look at the current USMNT. Pulisic joined his first junior club in England at 7 years old. Weston Mckennie started playing at 6.

It's not a guarantee of success, but important for kids to get the reps. It's a lot like tennis that way; nearly all of the best tennis players in the world had instructors by the time they were 8 or 9 years old.