The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They stripped her because a little white girl was on TV crying.... how is it not?
Are you serious? The white girl had the higher score and did a fantastic job on the floor. Chiles team submitted an inquiry which is the thing under scrutiny, they ruled it came in late and her rescore doesn’t count. This ain’t about a white girl just crying, her country did just like chiles team, sent in a inquiry

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sounds like someone somewhere did some bullshyt
WHAT?? Someone who is more familiar with the scoring system.... break this down for me.... what the fukk is going on?

I'm sure somebody can sum it up better than me but long story short from my understanding during her floor routine, the judges fukked up and she had to do an inquiry to correct her score, which boosted her from 5th to bronze, ahead of the two Romanian gymnasts and knocking them off the podium. You have one minute after the score is posted to make an inquiry on the score the judges give and the Romanians argued that the inquiry was made four seconds too late. So they filed an appeal and got them to reinstate Chiles original score and give the bronze back to one of their gymnasts

And during this process as you would expect the Romanians have been racist as fukk harassing Jordan

So TL:DR. The judges fukked up and Chiles got it corrected, but the Romanians after the fact got the correction tossed out on a technicality