The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Basketball in the Olympics is overrated to me. It’s a whole nba season every year to see the biggest stars, why drop hella money to see them face a team you don’t know 70% of? Olympics is the time to celebrate the sports that ain’t raking in money and views (basketball, soccer, tennis) year in and year out…IMO
Part of it is that we get to see some great players from other countries that came back over multiple years between the world championships and the Olympics so you get to know some of the foreign players. Plus players can go harder since it's a lot fewer games over a short period of time. It also gives the greatest of the great a chance to stand out for the USA on a team of all-stars basically. Seeing Bron and KD dominate like they have and showing they are still a tier above currently. At least for me personally that's why I love watching Olympic ball. Plus it's a much easier watch than the NBA because very minimal commercials, very few timeouts and much shorter games. Not knocking your opinion though. To each their own.

Daps
The Aussies sent “ that’s hip hop “ Cac to the Olympics :mjlol:

dance-moves.gif

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Hip-Hop's Breaking but for some reason Breaking in the Olympics is comedy gold hilarious to me :heh:

Did yal see Google? They got a cartoon bird dancing in Olympic on the front page

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
Basketball in the Olympics is overrated to me. It’s a whole nba season every year to see the biggest stars, why drop hella money to see them face a team you don’t know 70% of? Olympics is the time to celebrate the sports that ain’t raking in money and views (basketball, soccer, tennis) year in and year out…IMO

Olympic basketball is fun when there is a sense of drama - this year with Serbia and US was the perfect example, but you’ve had it in the past with US vs Spain, Argentina’s run, etc. It’s interesting seeing these NBA stars clearly play hard in a different context. Outside of the US, seeing Wemby, Jokic, Giannis, etc all play hard for their teams is just unique. Whether it should be done at the Olympics or some kind of other World Cup style event is the debate, but the NBA players really like being part of the global scale of the Olympics.