The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Daps
my first time watching this. its like black dude tried his super move and failed by getting it blocked
LmWeZw2.gif
The 'black' guy is Omar Salim and he has an interesting genetic ancestral background. Omar's father is Half Tanzanian (Father) and Half Hungarian (Mother). Omar's mother is American, most likely Afram/ADOS judging by Omar's phenotype.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I don't really get the scoring system...cause some of these dives look fine but they're just getting a 7:russ:
It's really about perfection. They dock points if your legs aren't fully straight and parallel, if your splash is too big, if your entry is not totally vertical, if your feet aren't aligned and so on and so forth... Tiny details that us mortals don't notice :picard:

I don't see it myself but live commentary will go like "argh, there's a thin gap between his legs" and on in replay I'm "ohhh I see it, he's right" :ohhh:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

That is wild.

WHY DO YOU GET
DISQUALIFIED FROM THE WHOLE
TOURNAMENT IF YOU MISS WEIGHT
AT THE END?

SHE SHOULD HAVE JUST BEEN
DISQUALIFIED FROM THE FINAL MATCH
AND GOTTEN A SILVER MEDAL IMO...

ALSO KNOWING THIS IS HOW
THE RULES ARE SET UP...

HOW DO YOU COME IN OVERWEIGHT
DURING THE BIGGEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE
AFTER MAINTAINING WEIGHT THROUGHOUT THE TOURNAMENT?

:devil:
:evil:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
we could use some random golds in Skateboarding or Wrestling because the Chinese don't fukk around in Weightlifting :francis: