The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Why do they always go to English? I need the geopolitical reasoning for why they cater to the English language after speaking French. There's probably hundreds of athletes who don't understand the english, let alone the french. Where are the smart ppl to explain this?

Media broadcasting rights and something like 76% of the world speaks it

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Why do they always go to English? I need the geopolitical reasoning for why they cater to the English language after speaking French. There's probably hundreds of athletes who don't understand the english, let alone the french. Where are the smart ppl to explain this?
Cuz cantonese is too hard to learn :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It’s one of the official languages of the IOC

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
French and English are the official Olympic languages I believe.

And English is more popular.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dahell: English is compulsory education for nearly ever country in the world. What language should they use?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
flag_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwReLqbvRIQd_zD6LqEqAwXo.jpg

:noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah: