The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Who comes up with these races? Why add water :skip:
I never knew either lol

The sport originated off-the-track and, instead, in a more cross-country style way. According to Business Insider, it started more as a game in the United Kingdom where runners raced through terrain.

Eventually, it was modernized first by Oxford University, according to the IAAF. As part of that modernization, it needed to be translated from rough and random terrain onto a standard track field. In order to do so, the modern 3,000-meter steeplechase track event used hurdles to mimic stone walls and the famous water was meant to replace rivers and streams.
It was adopted into the Olympics in 1920 for men and 2008 for women. The event is standardized now, ditching the randomness of the traditional state of the game.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Where did I say that?

I thought Canada would beat them if we ran into each other because we always do in every important game
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:
You thought. Yall were doing a lot of talking even during the game against PR. Yall were confident you were going to the finals and you ain't even playing for bronze:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Girl was running like

200w.gif