The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Watching this judo match with no idea how a score happens
Wish I understood what I was watching in the judo matches
:whew:
Needs to put the opponent on his back or submit him (bjj style). 10 points win you the fight directly (like a boxing KO) otherwise you need to be in the lead once the round is over.

You make the opponent land one shoulder on the mat, it's 1 point. Both, it's 10. If you are battling on the ground and pin both his shoulders, you need to hold him long enough to get 10 points otherwise, it's only 1.

If you don't attack for a minute, you get a yellow card. Same, if you fake too many attacks or if you hold the inside of the judogi. If your opponent gets 3 yellow cards, it's a red card and he loses.

That's the basics.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It’s been awhile since I’ve heard an Olympic crowd be such a HFA for an athlete like this French crowd

When the French crowd get behind someone/something they go all out. Especially when it comes to belting out La Marseillaise

The atmospheres at the UFC event in Paris and the WWE event in Lyon the crowds were electric. They also know how to build good venues for acoustics.