The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Literally anybody can be a goalie in handball..and have the same results :dead:

Make like 4 saves out of 40 shots and you probably a legend
Bro it's wild what they make too! Bout 10 years ago my wife's cousin got married. One of the bridesmaids (from Toronto) lived in Belgium with her husband. He was a goalie for one of the club teams there. We got to chatting and I couldn't believe the house and amount of whips he had just from playing handball. Full crowd and shyt lol.

Skyjacker

All Star
Daps
Canada's women's basketball team are the queens of shooting themselves in the foot.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
Literally anybody can be a goalie in handball..and have the same results :dead:

Make like 4 saves out of 40 shots and you probably a legend
I said the exact same thing lmao. It’s damn near impossible to stop a shot. They need to make the goals half the size

Daps
I wasn't surprise the mens 3x3 team suck, but definitely was shocked the women's team sucks considering who we have.
If 3x3 was setup like 5x5, we'd dominate because there are too many elite ballers in America.

The problem is restrictions since you gotta be in 3x3 throughout the year...can't put together a dream team. That eliminates the best NBA/WNBA players since it's hard for them to fit it in their schedule.

Would have been cool to see Caitlin, Milaysia Fulwiley and a good big for the women. Men....they could have thrown together a much better team.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lee Kiefer is the best women's foil fencer in the world.
Yup. She was basically built for sport. Small and very flexible with long arms and clever-thinking.

On top of it she was trained by a fencer parent and had numerous matches against the only other back-to-back Foil Gold Medalist in history.

Basically a perfect storm. It's sad she's considering retirement because she's still young for the sport as some Olympians medal into their late 30's, but she got Medical School going at the same time. I hope she can mentor Scruggs as she retires or the next potential fencing phenom.

Last edited:
Daps
I always maintain, RACE WALKING FORM IS RIDICULOUS. How do they not end up running.
I mean....if you watch slo-mo videos, they ARE running.

Walking = one foot always on the ground no matter how fast you move

Running = at some point both feet are briefly off the ground mid-stride

They let em get away with it but these dudes are really just slo-jogging but using hand/hip motion like they are walking. If the judges enforced the rules, the races would be wayyyyyy slower.