The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Agreed.

The article here explains it well.

This is Mu though. She is probably the only American who would have gotten a medal, injured or not.

Maybe America can hire Gareth Southgate he would of taken her. But its known they dont do participation awards.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I felt bad for her. But she did that to herself. She didn't run all year and it showed. She usually leads from the front since her stride is so long. She doesn't do best when running in the pack.

Mary Moraa's style and tactics has made all the 800 women change think more about their tactics in race with her.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe America can hire Gareth Southgate he would of taken her. But its known they dont do participation awards.
:picard:

Ran nearly the same time in her semi as the person who came third in the final.

This being here 2nd or so race after a hamstring tear.

The US just handed that gold to Great Britain....

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:picard:

Ran nearly the same time in her semi as the person who came third in the final.

This being here 2nd or so race after a hamstring tear.

The US just handed that gold to Great Britain....

Their rules are their rules. That's why they have elite sporting mentality and many countries don't. Amber Anning left the UK because she was too comfortable and going to the US made it fight or flight for her. Athletes need jeopardy to see if they are really about it. The US trials do that. Iron sharpens iron. Practices (trials) are harder than the actual competiton (Olympics and Worlds). If you think about the old John Smith training group of Greene Drummond and Boldon.

Finals are different to semis c'mon you know this. If only they gave golds after the semis Asafa Powell would be the universal greatest 100m runner OAT.

Anyone who want that gold still has to get past Mary Moraa. She's the favourite. Keely been working on a tactic tho to try and counter Moraa tho.

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Their rules are their rules. That's why they have elite sporting mentality and many countries don't. Amber Anning left the UK because she was too comfortable and going to the US made it fight or flight for her. Athletes need jeopardy to see if they are really about it. The US trials do that. Iron sharpens iron. Practices (trials) are harder than the actual competiton (Olympics and Worlds). If you think about the old John Smith training group of Greene Drummond and Boldon.

Finals are different to semis c'mon you know this. If only they gave golds after the semis Asafa Powell would be the universal greatest 100m runner OAT.

Anyone who want that gold still has to get past Mary Moraa. She's the favourite. Keely been working on a tactic tho to try and counter Moraa tho.
Keely has the fastest time this year and beat Mary going away at the end of May.

With Mu not there, I would install her as the favourite.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Keely has the fastest time this year and beat Mary going away at the end of May.

With Mu not there, I would install her as the favourite.

Ignore what happens in April and May when it comes to times. 17 year old Phoebe Gill also had the fastest time in the women 800 this year with a sub 1:58. It means phuck all.

Keely can run as fast and beat Moraa in all the Diamond League races she wants. But Moraa has beaten her in the most important thing the Championship races. That's what counts.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ignore what happens in April and May when it comes to times. 17 year old Phoebe Gill also had the fastest time in the women 800 this year with a sub 1:58. It means phuck all.

Keely can run as fast and beat Moraa in all the Diamond League races she wants. But Moraa has beaten her in the most important thing the Championship races. That's what counts.
Breh, Keely ran 155.7 at prefontaine for the fastest time this year ......on form she is the favorite. You can't say ignore April and May and then disregard someone with the pedigree of Mu who ran 1.58 in her second race back from a hamstring injury. On form Mary became world champion just last year, before that she was beaten to gold by Mu and silver by Keely across the Olympics and World Championships. So she isn't a level above Mu or Keely. She is beatable.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Breh, Keely ran 155.7 at prefontaine for the fastest time this year ......on form she is the favorite. You can't say ignore April and May and then disregard someone with the pedigree of Mu who ran 1.58 in her second race back from a hamstring injury. On form Mary became world champion just last year, before that she was beaten to gold by Mu and silver by Keely across the Olympics and World Championships. So she isn't a level above Mu or Keely. She is beatable.

I've been very consistent about April and May times for YEARS. It's fools gold.

Where did I disregard Mu? You're making stuff up now. The US trials have been like this for decades everyone who compete in them knows the rules. If you want to go to the Olympics you have to do the trials and finish top 3. This isn't like the UK where Keely can do the 400m in the UK trials as she already has the qualification time for the 800m.

I'm talking about Moraa beating Keely both in the Commonwealth games and the World's. Keely has 4 🥈. No one wants to keep on being on the bridesmaid when it really matter that's where she is at the moment.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been very consistent about April and May times for YEARS. It's fools gold.

Where did I disregard Mu? You're making stuff up now. The US trials have been like this for decades everyone who compete in them knows the rules. If you want to go to the Olympics you have to do the trials and finish top 3. This isn't like the UK where Keely can do the 400m in the UK trials as she already has the qualification time for the 800m.

I'm talking about Moraa beating Keely both in the Commonwealth games and the World's. Keely has 4 🥈. No one wants to keep on being on the bridesmaid when it really matter that's where she is at the moment.
Let's agree to disagree. I'll consider Keely the fave based on form and go from there.
We will see un a few weeks

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Let's agree to disagree. I'll consider Keely the fave based on form and go from there.
We will see un a few weeks

You only consider her favourite so you can revel if she doesn't win.

i-am-familiar-with-your-game.gif

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Lost interest in the gymnastics trials. We were so close to a possibly all black team, and definitely 3/4. Shilese and Skye going down suuuucks

Daps
Rugby 7's low key is entertaining as fukk. Fiji's raw ability shines through better compared to Union or League.

South Africa, New Zealand and Argentina...guessing they'll be up there along with England too.

United States could field a skrong 7's side if we had athletes committed to it...but the brehs that would be great at rugby are playing football because it pays wayyyy better.