The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You think if we got some college football guys that aren’t nfl material and taught them the game we would be good?

There's a shytload of issues to unpack with US Rugby regarding the 15's game. I'll give just a few main problems.

The US Rugby Federation went bankrupt a few years back and hasn't recovered.

No real money in US Rugby to make it as a career unless they can make it to Europe South Africa and Australia/New Zealand club rugby. Best bet is Europe.

Major League Rugby doesn't care about the NT team their goal is to turn a profit. (Club rugby is a flawed business model and majority of the clubs worldwide run at a loss) Most of the teams are made up of majority foreigner players. So young American players aren't getting better.

The biggest issue playing wise and for US Rugby to grow is that they don't play the Tier 1 nations enough/hardly at all. And the other Tier 2 nations have caught up while the US has stagnated and regressed. They shouldn't be losing to the likes of Chile and Brasil and drawing with Portugal. As the US are regarded as high performance nation while those 3 are below that.

Now the good news. The Rugby 15's World Cup is coming to America in 2031. So you can count on World Rugby will try their best to get America having a competitive team for 2031 because they themselves want US Dollars. So that should mean some more investment will likely come into the game over the next 2-3 years while they prepare for 2031.

Last edited:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apples_Mcintosh_Hero.jpg

:banderas:
Generational talent :wow:

QBN

All Star
Daps
There's a shytload of issues to unpack with US Rugby regarding the 15's game. I'll give just a few main problems.

The US Rugby Federation went bankrupt a few years back and hasn't recovered.

No real money in US Rugby to make it as a career unless they can make it to Europe South Africa and Australia/New Zealand club rugby. Best bet is Europe.

Major League Rugby doesn't care about the NT team their goal is to turn a profit. (Club rugby is a flawed business model and majority of the clubs worldwide run at a loss) Most of the teams are made up of majority foreigner players. So young American players aren't getting better.

The biggest issue playing wise and for US Rugby to grow is that they don't play the Tier 1 nations enough/hardly at all. And the other Tier 2 nations have caught up while the US has stagnated and regressed. They shouldn't be losing to the likes of Chile and Brasil and drawing with Portugal. As the US are regarded as high performance nation while those 3 are below that.

Now the good news. The Rugby 15's World Cup is coming to America in 2031. So you can count on World Rugby will try their best to get America having a competitive team for 2031 because they themselves want US Dollars. So that should mean some more investment will likely come into the game over the next 2-3 years while they prepare for 2031.
Say breh, what's the top Rugby league in the world in terms of prestige, competition, star power etc? I'm hooked on Rugby Sevens, but now I'm curious to check out the 15 man game as well.

I don't know much about rugby, but I'm down to learn. I even copped that New Zealand jersey just because the team is called "All Blacks" :lolbron: