The Official 2024 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps

The ‘bad draft’ label is misleading. And I’m guilty of it too.

It’s not so much that the draft is bad, it’s that it’s no elite picks at the top. In that type of draft, you’re actually better off to have later picks.

So yea if you have a top 5 pick you lost. Bc your #1 pick is more like a typical #8 pick, #5 pick is more like a typical #10 pick, etc. But that’s just at the top. It means your chances of getting the r best players later are higher

Ie the atrocious 2000 draft. Insanely bad at the top. Yet the best players from the first round were outside lottery: Hedo at 16, Q Rich at 18, Jamal magloire 19, Mo Pete 21, Deshawn Stevenson 23

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Get ready to learn French buddy :mjpls:

full

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Just for perspective, the 2nd worst modern draft is 2013. In that draft you still had

2 HOFers: Giannis and Gobert
1 all star : Oladipo
6 perennial starters: Otto, McCollum, KCP, Steven Adams, Schroeder, THJ
8 Long careers (depending on where they were drafted still may have been busts): Zeller (bust) Len (bust), Noel (bust), Olynyk, Plumlee, Snell, Bullock, Dieng

With this draft I don’t see any HOFers but I see all stars and starters

Potential All stars:

Reed Sheppard (on a other team)
Stephon castle- like a 3rd all star on a #1 seed Spurs team in Wemby’s prime
Ron holland- gonna be the best player in this draft
Clingan- defensive anchor, one of those ‘there’s no centers left’ all star picks a la Gobert
Dillingham- In 3-4 years he’ll be the #2 over KAT

Perennial Starters:

Ricasher, Sarr, Buzelis, Topic,Knecht, AJ Johnson, Terrance Shannon

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
i havent looked at much draft coverage online but something i bet was already suggested here is if youre drafting in the 50's before the lakers and you'd rather spin your pick into multiple assets, why not draft bronny and tell the lakers give us 2-3 future 2nds and hes yours. are teams scared to death of "ruining" the bronny drafted by the lakers moment?

the only article ive seen someone suggest it they referred to it as a jerk move, blatant disrespect for lebron, and its unlikely a rival front office would have the appetite for such a stunt. seems a bit over the top though i assume the expert was trying to cover his bases in case there was blow back for suggesting to hold someones son for ransom.
a few places have suggested that. It's not gonna happen because if the Lakers say no, you're stuck with a crap prospect and an agency that will remember this when negotiating with other clients of theirs.