The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
LSU is his alma mater and they were willing to get his son on the team so Bo could coach him which was very important to him. All the while paying him 1.5 million a year. That is why he left. And it's not like we haven't pulled DL recruits out of the SE. This staff isn't totally dependent on instate recruits, but also both Sweat and Murphy were Texas boys.
I get these other reasons, but overall I think it's easier to get impact DL recruits coaching at LSU than at Texas. It is a better job in that regard. The DL recruiting landscape is much more fertile out there.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I get these other reasons, but overall I think it's easier to get impact DL recruits coaching at LSU than at Texas. It is a better job in that regard. The DL recruiting landscape is much more fertile out there.
We'll see how recruiting goes at LSU for Bo but he isn't a fan of high profile guys. Didn't want Hicks, wasn't a fan of McKinley, and didn't want Nolen anywhere near his room either. He trust his eye for talent and who he thinks he can develop regardless of where they are ranked. Can't argue against his development but many thought Bo's recruiting left a lot to be desired. I'm a fan of Bo though.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

Courtney Morgan licking his lips

if we're following a pattern, would sherrone moore be the next david shaw of michigan?

or would michigan rather prefer a michigan man or at best someone from john harbaugh's raven's coaching staff?

i thought michigan hated brian kelly from his notre dame years...would be nice to offload all the random notre dame fans still randomly hating on LSU

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
if we're following a pattern, would sherrone moore be the next david shaw of michigan?

or would michigan rather prefer a michigan man or at best someone from john harbaugh's raven's coaching staff?

i thought michigan hated brian kelly from his notre dame years...would be nice to offload all the random notre dame fans still randomly hating on LSU
There is little to no change Brian Kelley gets the job...that's his agent whispering.

It should and likely will be Moore. Personally I'd give Mike Hart a shot.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Its Sherrone. They would have given Fisch and Deboer a look out of due dilligence, but Jim annointed Sherrone. The whole org has been grooming him for the eventual day Jim leaves/retires to avoid minimal attrition.

Having continuity within a coaching staff pays off

Last edited: