The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Shedeur will be in the game either, noticed he has posted anything about it.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Leave it to this cac

we-do-not-care-juan.gif

Gonna be so funny/awkward if bro end up not being one of dem ones

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Dude ain’t even the starter this year. Does he think EA is begging for his support? Any players opting out need a reality check. We getting the game for the school, not you.
If you are getting the game for the school and not him then why do you care if he or others opt in or not?

Some of these kids see no benefit in opting in, and they don't need the $600 so why do it? EA is going to spend ~10 million paying players for the game. They pay the NFL 300 million a year for the NFL contract and continue making Madden games because they still turn a profit. How much money you think they about to make on this game? They could probably pay all of these players 10k each.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
If you are getting the game for the school and not him then why do you care if he or others opt in or not?

Some of these kids see no benefit in opting in, and they don't need the $600 so why do it? EA is going to spend ~10 million paying players for the game. They pay the NFL 300 million a year for the NFL contract and continue making Madden games because they still turn a profit. How much money you think they about to make on this game? They could probably pay all of these players 10k each.
I see where you coming from but personally I could care less if he opts in. I’m just saying if he’s trying to make some kind of statement that not opting in allows him to “focus on football” that’s a dumb statement imo. Numbers wise EA has less players to pay in the NFL and Madden will always generate way more revenue for them than this game will.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
These kids opting out of the game are chasin clout. Makes no sense. Imagine a kid not wanting to be in a video game.

Don’t even think it’s that, some honestly don’t care or need the money, plus, who knows what exactly you signing, could be some shyt in that paperwork where they have certain rights in perpetuity

@smitty22 I like the mox of this lil fake ass Sam Darnold looking ginger :obama:

Boy better be getting ready to learn Chinese though with that QB room :huhldup:

nikka gon be a future night manager at the red roof in telling @smitty22 to get off his ass and shampoo the hallways and replace the lights in room 106

The difference is smaller pool for the nfl, and actual bargaining entity that speaks for the whole, and they don’t know what profit will and won’t be, these kids won’t ever get a check-check but i can see the number going up if profits goes up, or maybe it doesn’t either way it’s going to be cool

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I see where you coming from but personally I could care less if he opts in. I’m just saying if he’s trying to make some kind of statement that not opting in allows him to “focus on football” that’s a dumb statement imo. Numbers wise EA has less players to pay in the NFL and Madden will always generate way more revenue for them than this game will.
He didn't make any kind of statement. It's the media running with what their sources are telling him. I doubt very seriously if Arch ever speaks on it.
Don’t even think it’s that, some honestly don’t care or need the money, plus, who knows what exactly you signing, could be some shyt in that paperwork where they have certain rights in perpetuity

nikka gon be a future night manager at the red roof in telling @smitty22 to get off his ass and shampoo the hallways and replace the lights in room 106

The difference is smaller pool for the nfl, and actual bargaining entity that speaks for the whole, and they don’t know what profit will and won’t be, these kids won’t ever get a check-check but i can see the number going up if profits goes up, or maybe it doesn’t either way it’s going to be cool
I understand the pool is smaller which is why I highlighted the $$ amount. Even with a bigger pool they are still paying significantly less money than they pay to the NFL. But I largely agree with you, I won't fault any of these kids, especially underclassmen taking a "wait and see" approach.